Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

auctions Money Maker PR5 TravelGuideShop.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeD

Soli Deo Gloria
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
EddieUS said:
So, please correct me if I'm not making an accurate assessment. The PR6 rating is due to in large part to your PR5 and PR6 sites pointing to it...which you will disconnect in 6 months. You have already collected the text link revenue for your current subscribers...so until we renew the text ads in January 2006 or unless we acquire additional text link subscribers we won't be generating any text link revenue...so the bottom line, the new owner will collect about $40 in Amaz! revenue and $10 in adsense once he/she takes over.
Is his thinking correct here Peter?

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CrazyEightyEight said:
Is his thinking correct here Peter?
No, I think there's some confusion between the reciprocal links and non-reciprocal links. The bulk of the PageRank is coming from the reciprocal links, and as I stated they will stay as long as the new owner keeps them up. The six months applies to any other link that is not reciprocated.

cashable

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
petertdavis said:
Thanks, the six month thing only applies to any non-reciprocal inbound-only links to the site that are under my control. These are of lesser importance than the reciprocals, just wanting to cover all bases here is all.
Could you give us an idea of how many of the inbound links would be going, and the PR of those sites?

petertdavis

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Backlinks are either organic, link exchange, or from other sites I own. Inbound link exchange links will stay as long as you keep in place the outbound link exchnage links. Other links under my control, I'll keep in place for six months.

cashable

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
petertdavis said:
Other links under my control, I'll keep in place for six months.
I think we all understand what you are saying, but this part of it is confusing, at least for me. I am trying to get a feel of what these link are, what the PR is, etc.

petertdavis

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's really a non-issue to me. The important links are the ones I mentioned already, on multiple occasions. The links that are reciprocated, you can see them in the top of the site. The only reason I'd take those down is if the new owner took them down first. I think those links are a great benefit to all three of the sites, and any other link is incidental. Would it be better if I just said that the only links included are the reciprocals?

petertdavis

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was mouseketrips bid at $750, but he's welcome to retract that with no hard feelings if the thing about the links bothers him.

cashable

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
petertdavis said:
It was mouseketrips bid at $750, but he's welcome to retract that with no hard feelings if the thing about the links bothers him.
LOL, no reason for me to retract if he bid higher.

I think I understand a little better. It is your position that the links that are to stay up for 6 months really don't contribute to the site much, and that it is the other links that that are staying that matter.

If that is the case, I bid $1,000.00

petertdavis

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blarian said:
Any BIN in mind?
I tried to come up with a fair BIN, but couldn't. It's hard to say really when so much of the revenue is text links. I'd rather let the market decide what value there is in a site with revenue so heavily tilted in that market.

mouseketrips, thanks for the bid.

EddieUS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for clarifying. Good luck with the sale

cashable

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
petertdavis said:
Sorry, I did a little more research, and I feel uncomfortable at this point with the link situation. I retract my bid, but I reserve the right to re-bid in the future after I research this more.

Looks like the new high bid is $850 from Blarian.

Thanks for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators