Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Moniker acquired by kanoodle

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
fredlucas - Not a take over...It also happened some time ago, we just planned the announcement for the SES show and after forming the holding company.

It was a coming together of equals and we are and will remain in control of our operation.

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Monte,

Good for you... You built a great business.

We just worry when stuff like that happens, look at Enom... I just don't trust them now, and the last thing you want to do is work with people you don't trust...

Steve

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was a price specified for the Moniker domain name ? Congratulations on the deal, I hope to continue using the Escrow service at Moniker.

Reaction score
The enom buyout and bulkregsiter buy outs are much different. That was a take over and changes will probably go into motion right away. I think you will actually see some positive things from their transaction, but change is always hard to take.

We are not changing anything here in what we deliver accept for more of the stuff that makes us unique.

thanks again for your continued support

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but it would certainly make difference working for yourself and working for others.
anyway hope moniker will be still the same

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Geez this scared me..... I hope nothing changes for the worse.

CallMoney

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah... it scared me too :|
I hope moniker continue with the GOOD service!

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

monikeral

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just to give a bit of perspective from someone who works under Monte - everything is still the same, only better. Monte is actually still a part of the ownership, so he is actually still working for himself, albeit with more company now. The structure is similar to the Marchex situation, and everyone here is very excited and positive. In fact, all Moniker employees were given a nice stock option last week, so in effect we are all now owners.

That's the way to do these type of things, and you can expect more of the same from Monte and from Moniker overall. He is still right next to the rest of us everday here in the Moniker office in Pompano Beach, Fl, motoring around, constantly expressing his passion for the business and Moniker's place in it, talking directly to clients of all levels, working with management on plans for the future, and doing many other things, as usual. All is well.

Best to all.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very nice and glad to hear it, especially the stock options for you, and Monte still being part of the ownership.

My question is this. I have never been familiar with Kanoodle and barely even heard the name before. However, at various forums it appears many domainers are overall quite negative about Kanoodle for some odd reason, however, it also seems Kanoodle does in fact have a good reputation with large websites and enjoys many big and famous commercial account relationships.

Why is that anyway? Why the apparent success with big firms but apparently not so with small publishers or domainers?

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kanoodle did not have a lot of exposure with the domainers other than Domain Hop - which is a Traffic monetization system. Kanoodle never went all out with this offering as it wasn't a primary focus. Therefore not enjoying a great reputation for domainers. That is one of the areas where Moniker can help substantially, as this in one of Monikers primary businesses.

The success you have seen with the large web portals ( MSN.com , FOX.com, MSNBC.com, Marketwatch.com, thewallstreetjournal.com etc ) you alluded to, is the the contextul advertising unit now rebranded under SEEVAST as Pulse360. Pulse 360 is the only sponsored links provider to offer contextual, behavioral, geographic, local and demographic targeting.

Kanoodle continues to serve search advertisers and publishers in the highly competitive area of search targeted sponsored links.

Moniker is the leader in domain asset management, specializing large portfolios. ( "Live" auctions, brokerage, escrow, and monetization services).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom