Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

auctions Moniker.com /Snapnames.com Auction: 80 Top-Notch Domain Names at No /Low Reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Moniker.com /Snapnames.com Dotster Auction: Over 80 Top-Notch Domain Names Priced at Low & No Reserve

Go here to view inventory: https://www.snapnames.com/store/even...toreName=event

Over Eighty Top-Notch Domain Names Priced at Low & No Reserve Starting Bid Amounts...over 20 names have bids with 18 that are at or above reserve!

See below PR and complete list of names:

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dotster®, Moniker® and SnapNames® today announced their joint online Showcase Auction featuring over eighty top-notch generic domain names priced at low and no reserve starting bid amounts. Bids can be submitted online now through August 23, 2012 at 3:15 pm US Eastern Time. Selected domains represent popular consumer oriented search verticals of education, finance, travel, automotive and shopping such as: MBAdegree.net, TaxDebtSolutions.com, DirectFlights.net, PetShelters.com, CarDealers.net and more.

“Dotster is pleased to offer businesses the chance to purchase high caliber previously owned domain names at affordable starting bid prices”
“Dotster is pleased to offer businesses the chance to purchase high caliber previously owned domain names at affordable starting bid prices,” said Brian Unruh, General Manager at Dotster, Inc. “Leveraging SnapNames’ easy to use online auction technology and Moniker's experienced brokerage team, we’re able to provide global buyers a safe and efficient way to acquire domain names that provide immediate value to their brand.”

Domain names offered exclusively through Moniker and SnapNames include the following featured domains. The complete auction catalog can be found at: http://www.snapnames.com/store/event.action?ig=1086

abow.com
addicts.net
birthdaygirl.com
blueenergy.com
brasale.com
candies.net
cardealers.net
cartow.com
caty.com
cemeteries.net
commercial.net
cottontees.com
decide.net
diabetics.net
directflights.net
docks.net
dout.com
ekarts.com
endoftime.com
endofworld.com
enlargementpill.com
fily.com
firms.org
freeadvertisement.com
freedentist.com
fuga.com
funs.com
glassshop.com
goldpen.com
governmentjobs.org
gtab.com
hardcore.org
healthinsurancecompany.com
ihoroscopes.com
imagerack.com
inkpro.com
kevy.com
kidsmodeling.com
kidsmovie.com
lood.com
lovebracelet.com
mbadegree.net
metalbrackets.com
minicopter.com
mobileunlocking.com
mytracks.com
noveltylighters.com
oceanhotels.com
oste.com
passports.net
patiorugs.com
persianfood.com
petshelters.com
phoenixinsurance.com
photowallpapers.com
platinumcredit.com
pocketdiary.com
primaryinsurance.com
publicdefenders.com
refe.com
renttv.com
rumb.com
scary.net
skydiving.org
smalltrucks.com
smileclinic.com
sportsaccessories.com
sportsnetwork.net
sportwagering.com
sshd.com
subb.com
syllabus.net
tablepadding.com
taxdebtsolutions.com
travelfare.com
truckcompany.com
udev.com
utad.com
utar.com
winked.com
workstations.net

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The majority of these domains are parked at Internet Traffic, which accepts offers independently. How is this "exclusive listing" at SnapNames?

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any one can make an offer on any name at any time also through the whois is as well as their registrar or parking provider. It does not change the exclusive agreement between Moniker and the seller, regardless of the avenue the buyer comes through.

All offers made outside the auction or Monikers brokerage team would be encouraged to bid inthe auction or contact moniker brokerage to make an offer outside the auction or after the auction ends.

However these auction figures to have a very high sell through rate, so most buyers that wait until the auction closes my lose out. This auction has a lot of corp buyer and investor bids

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Well, that complicates things for me. I am interested in a couple of domains, but unless the auction receives bids exclusively through SnapNames, I don't think I will be placing any bids. Best of luck.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure what that means ..please email or PM me. All these names are under excluvive with Moniker and Snapnames only. The seller is not circumventing offers... all are passed back to Moniker to instruc the buyer to bid online in the auction

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
John, for example: blueenergy.com is parked at Internet Traffic, with a contact form for offers. What will happen if during the SnapNames auction, someone submits an offer via that form?

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acro - If that occurs the seller or Moniker brokerage would reply to the buyers that the domain name can only be purchased via auction bid at Snapnames.com, where the current bid is $1,050, that the name has exceeded reserve and will sell to the highest bidder, that there are currently 4 bidders that submitted offers, and that the auction will end Aug 23, 2012 3:15 pm ET.

There has been a lot of end user type marketing on this auction and sometimes buyers navigate to the domain name not even intentionally circumventing the auction, however the seller per the exclusive agreement has been forwarding all inquiries to Monikers brokerage team, and every buyer has entered the offer/bid into the auction
so far. We asked them to remove those links, but they are not contractually required to do so so long as they continue forwarding any and all inquiries to our brokerage team. As I said anyone can contact the seller to make an offer through the whois record, or contacting Dotster directly also ...none of that changes the Exclusive agreement with the seller to forward those inquiries to the moniker Brokeragae team.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
OK. I was pointing out that this method ends my interest in the process, as it's not transparent. Imagine, if someone made a substantial offer minutes before the end of the auction, and SnapNames did not update the bids. The winner at SnapNames would be irate, if an offer made privately (and timely) were to be accepted.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would have to imagine since we don't remove names from the auction in that way for that very reason. Our process is as transparent as can be. As a general rule we don't remove a names from the inventory and sell them if the name(S) has existing bids, if its the last day of the auction, or if we have not notified all the interested bidders/watchers and given them ample time to respond. It usually only occurs if we get an offline offer that is way above the reserve, at a price level the seller is compelled to accept -ahead of the last day auction close. In addition when we have done this is in the past it is usually done for 6 and 7 figure names that have end user offers that are at least 3 times the reserves, where all bidders and watchers are notified and given an ample opportunity to make a higher bid, and we don't do this for low and no reserve names.

Have you had a different experience ? If so let me know.

Last edited:

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: 36 names with Bids, 27 names have hit reserve and will sell, 22 names have multiple bidders... auction ends 8.23.2012.
This is not a 3 day auction, No offline offer can win the domain minutes before the auction closes and there is no lack of transparency as assumed /theorized by ACRO.

All names will be sold in the auction to the highest bidder period.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No offline offer can win the domain minutes before the auction closes and there is no lack of transparency as assumed /theorized by ACRO.

John, I did not theorize anything; I pointed out a weakness in the system. All domains that utilize a contact form offer the ability to anyone to place offers outside of the auction. I'd love to see which seller would not accept an external offer of e.g. 15% more; that's the fees you charge to list it.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes it is a conspiracy theory. First off this is not a listing it is an exclusive right to sell auction and brokerage agreement. It is not OK for a seller to simply breach a contract. There are penalties and short term and long term legal and financial consequences. Read the agreement. You are insulting sellers integrity and with your conspiracy theory as well as every domain auction company. In addition if the seller gets an offline offer, a result from Monikers marketing, at any time during the course of the agreement they are a) required to refer the buyer to moniker 2) Better off doing so as will result in a higher price 3) which they pay commission on regardless, and 4) should said buyer make a tempting /extravagant offer, that offer it will be shared with all bidders -who will have an opportunity to increase there offer online of offline before an auction is concluded or a sale is made.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Entire inventory is No and Low reserve.

With 2 days left to go

Out of the 80 total Names:
48 Names have Bids
36 Name have met reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom