Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Moniker forcing domains to resolve to Trafficclub?

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CLB

Ladies Love Big Domainers
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have my domains at Moniker but some of them point to a non-Trafficclub DNS.

On any given day my domains resolve to Trafficclub when in my account they point to a different DNS.

These are not just moved domains for the most part.

Unless propagation takes several weeks, my domains should resolve to the proper DNS (not Trafficclub!)

Anybody else have this problem. I don't think [email protected] works and phone support is basically, "What's the problem/ I'll tell our engineers" :veryangry:

Domain Summit 2024
Reaction score
CLB - do you have your domains using our default DNS servers?

I would go to trafficclub.com and set up an account and set the dns to the trafficclub servers so you get credit for this happening but it could be just a caching issue on your computer.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Resetting moniker DNS is tricky. Usually you have to do it twice. Don't know why but I've seen it over and over when changing DNS.

navpros

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

I would go to trafficclub.com and set up an account and set the dns to the trafficclub servers so you get credit for this happening but it could be just a caching issue on your computer.

I have brought this same issue up to moniker support in the past. Also, it is pointless to choose "trafficclub nameservers" from the drop down menu when setting defaut dns for new domain registrations (at least for me anyway). When I choose this setting ALL of my traffic goes to "monikersearch.com". I was told by support to use the Traffic Club Nameservers instead. Still not certain what exactly the point is in having the other feature.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:cool:
Resetting moniker DNS is tricky. Usually you have to do it twice. Don't know why but I've seen it over and over when changing DNS.

yes, me too. it is one of those glitches that happens every time. sometimes i have to do 3 times.
tbh, this is something they need to fix, as it happens every time without fail & then thats another 2 or 3 confirmation emails to delete too.
Moniker? ;)

CLB

Ladies Love Big Domainers
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I have a Trafficclub account and have purposely pointed some domains to Trafficclub as PRIMARY/SECONDARY and other domains as NS3/NS4.

Some of the ones that are supposed to resolve to a different DNS occassionally point back to Trafficclub.
Then a couple of days later they point to the DNS that I want it to. Have no idea why this is happening.

By the way, overall Moniker is MUCH better than my last registrar. It's just these little issues that frustrate me! :-/

H

H2FC

This is the main problem I have with moniker too. I thought when I set up my settings to have my newly registered domains to use a specific DNS it would automatically use that DNS but it seldom ever works that way. Almost every time I register a new domain it directs to trafficclub and then I have to change the dns....sometimes more than once.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seeing that I park most of mine at Sedo (soon to change) I have set up the default to automatically point to Sedo...transfer into my account and regging new names.

Note to self: Quit regging so many new names.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I have never seen the dns changed to TrafficClub but was not aware there was a problem as far as needing to do dns changes more than once, apparently due to a bug.

After reading this heads-up I checked my nameservers on a lot of names that were changed earlier at Moniker and sure enough, there are a number which were never actually changed which I was not aware of (but the old change seemed to work ok at the time). In fact, I found several that should have been changed weeks ago but were not.

This would explain in part why when from time to time when switching or testing various ppc firms some of my names never get any traffic at the new provider. That has been a mystery to me for some time and I have wasted lots of time (including the ppc acct exec or supt time) trying to figure out why there are no stats for some domains!

Yesterday Donny Simon posted in a parked.com thread that this issue may be the problem (though he never mentioned Moniker) when I recently tried using parked.com (with less than good results) and he was right about it, but I never realized it until reading this thread. There was much more to it than just nameserver issues but that does solve at least part of the issue with parked.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom