Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Moniker price increased again? .COM Domain reg. from $6.95 to $7.99 to $8.99

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

syed

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Earlier I remember they used to give special domain registration pricing to DNF members, but it seems like the price is same for everyone. I know every registrar including Moniker increased do prices by a $1 due to fee hike but when did Moniker increase again?

Godaddy is still $7.59 while Moniker is $8.99. Does anyone know if Moniker is giving special price to dnf members or if they just discontinued it?

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am no longer getting and special pricing, 8.99 for a .com

I have been looking over at godaddy, with all the coupon codes they have and crazy specials.
Those dollars add up each month in renewals.
I no longer reg a fresh name with Moniker when they are cheaper elsewhere.
I like moniker and use their escrow service, but that can be done through other services.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Every time Reg fees increase, I renew less and less domains, allowing them to drop.

I dropped 100 domains from my portfolio just this year, names that I felt wouldn't move and had no traffic.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Earlier I remember they used to give special domain registration pricing to DNF members, but it seems like the price is same for everyone. I know every registrar including Moniker increased do prices by a $1 due to fee hike but when did Moniker increase again?

Godaddy is still $7.59 while Moniker is $8.99. Does anyone know if Moniker is giving special price to dnf members or if they just discontinued it?
Probably to pay for the fancy site upgrade ;):)

Just noticed it as well....Too bad they have done this. After transferring names to them over the years and reg'ing with them after getting special pricing I find it a little disconcerting that they have arbitrarily raised pricing...again. Nothing emailed to let you know either. I guess I should look at it as "I was lucky to have gotten it while I did"?? :lol:

I don't think it is a shock to most that this would happen after the oversee takeover...well not to me anyway. Don't think it really takes care of the domain people but maybe they think the end-user market is the way to go.

Miss the old days when Monte sometimes answered the phone and they were a registrar that valued the domaining community. I just don't get that feeling anymore.

Whatever....Tired of getting nickel and dimed to death.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker raised its prices along with every other registrar back in July when VeriSign had their price increase. Of course volume discounts still apply.

Please email me directly at [email protected] with your account details and I’ll check it out!

D

Deleted member 111831

I'd rather pay the extra $1.50 and not have to deal with GoDaddy. I move all of my domains to Moniker and Fabulous as soon as I can.

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd rather pay the extra $1.50 and not have to deal with GoDaddy. I move all of my domains to Moniker and Fabulous as soon as I can.

I second you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators