Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Moniker refuses to send AUTH codes

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to consolidate my domains at eNom, so I want to transfer three from Moniker. I used their process as described on their website, and received a confirmation email with NO AUTH CODES. I replied with a request for the AUTH codes, and received an email promptly asking me to reconsider transferring out - still no codes. I replied that I do indeed want to transfer out, asking to please send codes ASAP.

No reply after three days!

Moniker is certainly "secure" - but they are too secure to earn my business.

Domain Summit 2024

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker are made out to be the best by many reputable members at dnforum.
It is ridiculous!
Moniker are awful. Nearly as bad as Godaddy. Actually I am struggling to find any good registrars. Dotster have their faults, Enom are expensive and have inefficient transfer processes...

We need to make a domainers association registrar. One that caters for everyones needs, one that is good. Simple.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow I've never heard of people transfering out of Moniker. I've just heard of people transfering into Moniker. Moniker is awesome but hey if you want a cheaper rate you get what you pay for!

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I heard many complains about transferring out of moniker. You may get in but you may never get out :lol:

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I heard many complains about transferring out of moniker. You may get in but you may never get out :lol:

lol, Monikers crappy support could be a security advantage in disguise

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, Monikers crappy support could be a security advantage in disguise

ah, give them a break. They're all in the moniker operations center making sure your names don't get stolen. ;P

localpub

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have just tried to use their 'TRANSFER OUT' menu; just for the fun of it. 2 seconds later I have received the following email:

Code:
As part of our standard transfer-out procedure, a notification has been submitted to Moniker notifying us of an intent to transfer the following domain(s)
away from Moniker

This email serves as confirmation that we have received your notification.

This request will be valid for 10 days (240 hours).

The Reason Given For Transfer Was: changeOwnership

Domain Name,Epp AuthInfo (if applicable)
----------- ----------------------------

DOMAIN.COM,EPP_CODE

It looks like the title of this thread is misleading, to say the least.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are people who choose Moniker precisely because there are several steps required to transfer out.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have just tried to use their 'TRANSFER OUT' menu; just for the fun of it. 2 seconds later I have received the following email:

Code:
As part of our standard transfer-out procedure, a notification has been submitted to Moniker notifying us of an intent to transfer the following domain(s)
away from Moniker

This email serves as confirmation that we have received your notification.

This request will be valid for 10 days (240 hours).

The Reason Given For Transfer Was: changeOwnership

Domain Name,Epp AuthInfo (if applicable)
----------- ----------------------------

DOMAIN.COM,EPP_CODE

It looks like the title of this thread is misleading, to say the least.
That E-mail looks like a bug to me. I assume it's a .com domain or similar.
Certain TLDs do not have EPP codes.

I've had no problems to transfer away from Moniker. I got the EPP I requested, an E-mail saying they would like to retain my business etc but after 5-7 days it was done.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have transferred a handful of domains out of moniker to enom (I think they caught names for pool or snapnames) and at least for the last couple I did recently, I had no difficulties.

I received the standard e-mail that localpub refers to.

I can however believe that it might not always be this straightforward and that Leonard might be experiencing difficulties from Moniker for one reason or another.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker must send out brainwashing emails to all of their members here. Forum members are the only people that i've talked to that worship the registrar. I've used many registrars and Moniker is the worst. Plain and simple. I've been trying to transfer one domain name out of Moniker for the past 3 months and still nothing. Give me a break! Why dont you listen to your members and make it easy to transfer domain names out? If everyone figures out how to transfer their domain names out and they no longer use your services you'll go out of business...You have grown into a company that no longer cares about your customers.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rockefeller-

Perhaps the email the system automatically sends out with your transfer codes is getting held up in your spam folder?

It is true that we inspect all transfer out requests for Fraud as Moniker has the most the most valuable names in the industry registered, and our clients require the additional security to combat highjacking. Due to this security Moniker has never lost a name.

Legitimate transfers are not held up as a matter of policy. And in fact we are one of the easiest registrars to transfer out of since we provide the Auth codes on Bulk. I would be glad to assist you with the transfer of your names if you email me your account # and the names you are transfering out.

Thanks,
Regards,
John Mauriello
[email protected]
954-861-3536
800-688-6311 Ext. 3536
FAX: 954-984-0209
MSN: [email protected]

D

Deleted member 70408

I've had all good experiences with them - both transferring in and out of Moniker. If it was simple to transfer out, I am sure the names would be less secure.

CallMoney

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm a Moniker costumer since last year.
Due to TM issues,I needed to transfer out a domain to other registrar.
I've received an email from Moniker just like yours ( without EPP code) and I decided to contact the support.They told me that it was a problem and will fix it asap.
I've all my portfolio at Moniker and i'm almost sure it will be there for ever.
As a sys admin I don't know what is sleeping without worries and with Moniker i really don't need to get worried.
As an example, yesterday i've exchanged a few emails with John and he demonstrates that Moniker is quick and really cares about costumers even if they dont have hundreds of domains.
That's the only things I need, Security and Support.

Thats my opinion,

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem in my case was that the domains had already been transferred but their system was still sending me warning letters that they would be expiring soon - and still listed them as being at Moniker. I think someone went in and fixed the problem.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rockefeller-

Perhaps the email the system automatically sends out with your transfer codes is getting held up in your spam folder?

It is true that we inspect all transfer out requests for Fraud as Moniker has the most the most valuable names in the industry registered, and our clients require the additional security to combat highjacking. Due to this security Moniker has never lost a name.

Legitimate transfers are not held up as a matter of policy. And in fact we are one of the easiest registrars to transfer out of since we provide the Auth codes on Bulk. I would be glad to assist you with the transfer of your names if you email me your account # and the names you are transfering out.

Thanks,
Regards,
John Mauriello
[email protected]
954-861-3536
800-688-6311 Ext. 3536

Nope, not in my spam folder. I check it on a daily basis.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember -=DCG=- had a hard time transferring out. Lately their support has been unreliable, but they mentioned they hired a few new people. So we will see what happens.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think this authorization code stuff if BS!, especially when you have domains scattered over 20+ registrars from different drop catchers.

At Register.com, you have to call them and kiss there ass for the authorization code...it's worse than trying to cancel a AOL membership. I've dealt with Moniker, it cant be all that bad to get the code.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. Please change your email on file for the name you are transfering out to a different Email then AOL in your Moniker account as AOL blocks legitimate email all the time, or 2. White list all Moniker email with AOL, andss re initiate the Transfer out or 3. contact me directly by phone or email.

Regards,
John Mauriello
[email protected]
954-861-3536
800-688-6311 Ext. 3536

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom