Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Moniker - Slipping in extra fee's (Or, "The Dog Bit Me Again")

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont have privacy on my domains. But at Moniker, they keep slipping in Privacy charges. I dont want it, and its a hassle to have to search and turn it off. And I cant see how to turn it off - they have a menu item to turn it on, but no menu item to turn it off.

But slipping it in there, without my permission, just seems wrong.

I wrote to customer service and you know what, they just dont give a sh**. That bugs me even more. They said its on me, I have to search and turn it off. And no instructions given on how to do that. Especially if you are a long term customer, it just seems dumb to do that.

What if you went to safeway, bought your food, paid, and then when you got to your car you realize safeway had slipped in some extra items? And they did that on a regular basis? What would you do? Ask the manager.. and he tells you, its your fault; its on you.

What would you do? I think its obvious: you would not shop there anymore.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My comment is offtopic and of a general nature, but I am thinking more and more than it would be worthwhile for us to set up our own management interfaces using the APIs made available by the registrars. So we have more flexibility and less frustration.
That is, assuming Moniker is still a viable choice of registrar.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kevin- There was no ticket I could find where you ever asked for Privacy to be removed on all your names. However it does appear you did not get the proper instructions after and escalated this to the manager of the CS dept

Here is how you can remove privacy Auto Renewal on your domains.

Login> My domains>domain Actions>Subproduct Management>Manage Subproducts >From drop down menu called "SUBPRODUCT" choose "Privacy"..this will display all your domains that have privacy and show if they are set to auto renew YES = on N = off. Under heading "Auto Renew" will be a list of all your domains that have privacy on auto renew > click on Toggle to change from Y (Yes) to N(NO)

Let me know if i can further assist you.
Email me directly at [email protected]

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kevin- There was no ticket I could find where you ever asked for Privacy to be removed on all your names. However it does appear you did not get the proper instructions after and escalated this to the manager of the CS dept

Here is how you can remove privacy Auto Renewal on your domains.

Login> My domains>domain Actions>Subproduct Management>Manage Subproducts >From drop down menu called "SUBPRODUCT" choose "Privacy"..this will display all your domains that have privacy and show if they are set to auto renew YES = on N = off. Under heading "Auto Renew" will be a list of all your domains that have privacy on auto renew > click on Toggle to change from Y (Yes) to N(NO)

Let me know if i can further assist you.
Email me directly at [email protected]

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
John helped me - again - and I appreciate it. John is very on top of things, is patient, and helpful.

But John is here on the forum, he is not in Moniker support. My support ticket at Moniker was replied to in a timely way but it was not handled the way it should have. While this is a small problem it shows how consistent it is that Moniker support is not good. Moniker needs a uniform kind of response to people; to be more helpful; to give help text like John did; and to fix problems.

Maybe its time to look at Moniker not as a registrar but as a tool that helps when winning backorders.

Kevin

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kevin-

Unfortunatley you got the new person thats in training, and looks like he is not fully trained on the system. IMost of the CS reps would not have responded that way.
Thanks for the compliment and please bring these issues to my attention going forward if you encounter any issues.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kevin-

Unfortunatley you got the new person thats in training, and looks like he is not fully trained on the system. IMost of the CS reps would not have responded that way.

really?
that same person seems to change names and gender swap all the time then as when someone decides to get back from moniker or snapnames (and it is rare)
they seem to be unable to comprehend basic questions and English
they then take day/s to get back to each question

keydrive is a farce, i didn't think moniker and snapnames could go further down the toilet but thay have and still do

last person I dealt with was a vp in business development at snapnames
they contacted me after I complained. she failed to help and the obe response i got she tried to upsell me something without addressing any of the issues
when the issue was finally resolved I kept getting responses from different departments asking questions
none of the departments know what they're doing or what any of the others are doing

you had no ticketing options on either sites for a long perios of time running from days into weeks without even a notice on either site
YOU ARE A SHAMBLES

as soon as I can afford to transfer all my domains away from moniker I am

it's so sad I used to be one of Monikers biggest fans, that stopped a few years back and slide downwards continues

I want to get out before you collapse totally which I believe is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom