Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker Moniker Support - Does it exist?

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't used moniker in a very long time except when I sold the last few domains I had left with them. Sometime yesterday I registered a lll.cm with them and I "purchased" url forwarding, forwarded them to one of my websites and added some TXT records to setup with Google Apps for their Short Links service. I know Moniker is not the fastest when it comes to updating all of this information, so I decided to wait a day for everything to update.

Instead, I wake up to my domain going to their park pages. Why?

I have tried to use their support link/forums - but the links go to dead pages (on Mozilla and Chrome) and I am not getting an answer when I call support. I know jrzygirl use to be extremely helpful in situations like this as you were able to get in contact with her on skype, AIM, etc., but I hear she is no longer with them. ]]

So my question is, does Moniker have any support whatsoever? I would like to get this resolved ASAP and I would prefer not to have to come to a forum in order to do so.

Thank you!
Mike C.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am actually getting through to support via phone *knock on wood*, finally........

*edit* someone picked up... hopefully we can get this resolved.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another 6-12 hours for it to work after they manually had to do everything I already did in order for it to work, including taking down their parked page that was advertising my competitors links. Just delays the work I have to do on this URL til they decide to do work. Sad.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lol, they actually deleted my CNAME and TXT records, so I have to do them and go through the Google Apps installation process all over again as well, of course after what they did finishes propagating in 6-12 hours. Sigh. Not happy at all.

I wish Godaddy offered .cm registration.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With all the DNS-related issues they have had why don't you use a third party DNS service ?
The DNS can be hosted anywhere. In fact everybody should use a redundant DNS provider, especially for critical sites.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With all the DNS-related issues they have had why don't you use a third party DNS service ?
The DNS can be hosted anywhere. In fact everybody should use a redundant DNS provider, especially for critical sites.

I have not been "in the loop" lately, so I was unaware of their DNS-related issues til just a couple hours ago when I was reading through their support forums here on DNF.

Can you recommend a third party company or even possibly a reliable third party company to transfer my .cm domain to?

I am going to be using this domain to provide short urls to my Company website and would prefer there not to be any down time issues because moniker "can't get it right".

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of free and paid DNS services, just google around.
50 free zones at dns.he.net for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom