Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Moniker transfer questions.

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a little bit confused with the transfer procedure in moniker.

A transfer code has been emailed to the current Domain contact listed here.

Please check your email and enter the transfer code here.

Contact Email: [email protected]
Domain Name: XXXXXX

So does this mean the transfer code is sent to my domain administrative email or [email protected]?

Another thing is I didn't receive any code mail until now and after I login again I couldn't find code filling page and I have to submit name again and wait for the new code coming?

Last, is this code anything related to the godaddy auth code so that I can send from godaddy?

Thanks for the help.

Domain Summit 2024

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It should go to the email in the whois; however, this is not always the case and I usually just email [email protected] with my account id# and the names I wish to transfer in. If the name needs an EPP code include it in the email too.

I think it is a bug in the system to email [email protected] the transfer code. I see this happens sometimes with names from Godaddy or Namecheap.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe this is a bug. I saw it today when trying to transfer few domains from RegisterFly to Moniker. Anyway, since I was going to transfer multiple domains, I directly sent all necessary information to Moniker via email.

MessagePop

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope this bug gets fixed soon.
It is a tedious task to email to the support on every transfer, especially when a domain is registered under a different name or privacy protection.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please be advised that when you initiate a transfer-in via your Moniker Account, the system sends an e-mail to the first e-mail address listed in the Whois Record for the particular domain name. This is not a bug. ICANN requires the winning registrar to do this. Most times, it is the Administrative Contacts e-mail. However, some registrars have now placed their own e-mail address in the Whois verbiage and this is effecting the particular address that the Codes are being sent to, thus making it difficult for you to transfer out.

If you wish, we can initiate the transfer(S) for you. by emailing [email protected] or [email protected]

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

John A. Mauriello

[email protected]

954-984-8445 (office)
800-688-6311 (toll free)
954-969-9155 (fax)

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
John Mauriello said:
Please be advised that when you initiate a transfer-in via your Moniker Account, the system sends an e-mail to the first e-mail address listed in the Whois Record for the particular domain name. This is not a bug. ICANN requires the winning registrar to do this. Most times, it is the Administrative Contacts e-mail. However, some registrars have now placed their own e-mail address in the Whois verbiage and this is effecting the particular address that the Codes are being sent to, thus making it difficult for you to transfer out.

If you wish, we can initiate the transfer(S) for you. by emailing [email protected] or [email protected]

John A. Mauriello

[email protected]

954-984-8445 (office)
800-688-6311 (toll free)
954-969-9155 (fax)
Ok, thanks.
I think I would better renew the name at godaddy for next year since it is almost within 1 month to expire and I don't want to risk to lose the name.
I am pretty confident Moniker, as a reliable registrar, could figure out a convenient way for the name transfers. It seems the only pain in the whole system and it potentially prevent you from profit and names moving in.
Best wishes.

Kirkos

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem.
But I don't blame Moniker.
That's the responsibility of loosing registrar. Some of them (Godaddy, RegisterFly) will do anything to make the transfer out of them a pain in the ass.
Like you did, some of us just will give it up and stay with the same registrar.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kirkos said:
I had the same problem.
But I don't blame Moniker.
That's the responsibility of loosing registrar. Some of them (Godaddy, RegisterFly) will do anything to make the transfer out of them a pain in the ass.
Like you did, some of us just will give it up and stay with the same registrar.
I don't blame them either.
I will not do for this year because it is pending expiring and I don't want to take a risk.
You cannot transfer a name within 1 mo expiring.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes you can.
You can also transfer a name after it is expired!
It is possible but some registrars will not allow it. Godaddy allows it.

duskdawn said:
I don't blame them either.
I will not do for this year because it is pending expiring and I don't want to take a risk.
You cannot transfer a name within 1 mo expiring.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
You will like Moniker, they have all the big registrar features, with excellent personal customer service that has a small company feel.

Thumbs up!
I am using them. I have my part of my names there. That's why I start to transfer more in.

Paul_Kuhn

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please be advised that when you initiate a transfer-in via your Moniker Account, the system sends an e-mail to the first e-mail address listed in the Whois Record for the particular domain name.

What do I have to do, when i received the code?
I cant find any page where to put this code ion.
Or do I have to sent an email to the support with this code?

Ahoi!

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As soon as you enter the domain name you want to transfer and click submit then a page comes(system sends an email at the same time) that asks you to enter a code.

Reaction score
If you are having any issues with transfers, just email [email protected] along with your account number and the domains. We will submitt them manually for you.

Their are many reasons why the auth code may not be reaching you. Many registrars are hijacking the first email of record for them selves to prevent you from leaving. That is the email we send to. Enom resellers do this - registerfly, etc. So do some of the TuCows resellers.

We will also be launching an multiple domain transfer system which will allow 20 names at a time to be submitted instead of one at a time through your account. This will make it easier for you as well.

Paul_Kuhn

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As soon as you enter the domain name you want to transfer and click submit then a page comes(system sends an email at the same time) that asks you to enter a code.

Thats right, but this page only comes up for one time.
You are not able to open it later - then you have to mail the code to the support.

Ahoi!

Paul_Kuhn

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your support. All is working now!

Ahoi!

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why don't you guys make a simple change to the parsing routines and only pull the admin contact email address?

John A. Mauriello

[email protected]

954-984-8445 (office)
800-688-6311 (toll free)
954-969-9155 (fax)

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where do you find the EPP code at Registerfly? I'm trying to move all my domains away from them ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom