Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Moniker transfers

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Transfers into Moniker start when the Moniker Authorization email has been "acknowledged" (Per Icann mandate) by the Registrant of record clicking on the link we email to the Admin Contact email address, and when the losing Registrar releases the name. The Losing Registrar is required, per Icann mandate, to release the name with 5 Days, provided the names was not registered/or transfered in the past 60 days. Moniker does not have any control over the losing registrars decision on whether or not they will release the name within the 5 day period.
Keep in mind some Registrars will hold the names for 60 days if there was a change in any part of the whois record. Please open a ticket on the moniker site (there is a link to our support center in the upper right hand corner just below the 800 Toll free phone number. There
is a Knowledge base that has the answers to the majority of issues are resolved with 24 hours. I would also recommend you contact your sales exec by email of phone or email [email protected] if you are unsure of which rep is assigned to your account and need immediate assistance.

Regards,
John Mauriello
[email protected]
954-861-3536
800-688-6311 Ext. 3536
FAX: 954-984-0209
MSN: [email protected]
A registrar can not lock a domain because of whois updates! John, there is an issue at least with Firefox with Moniker's transfer system. As I stated above, When you start the transfer at Moniker and you get the transfer confirm email and you click the link to verify, login via Moniker. Then go Back to the email and click the link AGAIN. At this point you should see the transfer is "Pending-Transfer" once the new moniker window opens. There should be a total of 5 or 6 "tabs" open total.

If you do it the first time, it will not authorize to start the transfer, so you have to have the first window open and logged in, then click the link again and it will work. It took me several times to figure it out.

Domain Summit 2024

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What the **** does this have to do with my problem, your broken script and your non existent support for 3 days?

This is what makes me furious with moniker. You mess up and you never admit it in public!

Admit you messed up and say you are sorry, for once!!!

The Transfers into Moniker start when the Moniker Authorization email has been "acknowledged" (Per Icann mandate) by the Registrant of record clicking on the link we email to the Admin Contact email address, and when the losing Registrar releases the name. The Losing Registrar is required, per Icann mandate, to release the name with 5 Days, provided the names was not registered/or transfered in the past 60 days. Moniker does not have any control over the losing registrars decision on whether or not they will release the name within the 5 day period.
Keep in mind some Registrars will hold the names for 60 days if there was a change in any part of the whois record. Please open a ticket on the moniker site (there is a link to our support center in the upper right hand corner just below the 800 Toll free phone number. There
is a Knowledge base that has the answers to the majority of issues are resolved with 24 hours. I would also recommend you contact your sales exec by email of phone or email [email protected] if you are unsure of which rep is assigned to your account and need immediate assistance.

Regards,
John Mauriello
[email protected]
954-861-3536
800-688-6311 Ext. 3536

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What the **** does this have to do with my problem, your broken script and your non existent support for 3 days?

This is what makes me furious with moniker. You mess up and you never admit it in public!

Admit you messed up and say you are sorry, for once!!!
:pop2:

And now Moniker's site doesn't load...... and when it does, it's super slow and doesn't work....

I just noticed the last 10 domains that I transfered did NOT have the extra year added onto the expire date. wtf ......

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If anyone on this forum needs assistance with transfers into Moniker and is experiencing an issue please call email or IM me with your Account number and list of domains and EPP codes I would be glad to assist. I tested the Transfer system again this morning and found no issues. If there is an issue that we find together I would be glad to admit it on this forum. Yofie -it is a matter of public knowledge on this forum that there are registrars that put a 60 day hold on if you make contact changes on the whois. If you are dealing with one of those registrars we can assist you , however you would need to let your account rep or myself know so we can help.

Regards,
John Mauriello
[email protected]
954-861-3536
800-688-6311 Ext. 3536

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So John, Moniker had no issues whatsoever with transfers in the past 3 days?
OK.
So your support people must be crazy and I am institutionalized at Dafni mental institute at greece.

Do you want to copy paste your support responce? I really tired of this shit.

John Mauriello

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There was an issue with our Transfer system over the weekend that was fixed on Monday morning. One of the programmers made a modification to transfer script that and forgot to change it back when they left on Friday. We re ran it Monday morning when Customer service reported the issue. My apologies for anyone how had their Transfers into Moniker delayed over the weekend.

If I can further assist please let me know.

Regards,
John Mauriello
[email protected]
954-861-3536
800-688-6311 Ext. 3536

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for admitting the problem John! It just would be nice if Moniker would listen to it's customers when we are saying there IS a problem!

Glad to hear it was fixed and hope the "playing programmer" gets a little pink slip in his next check. ;)

I would also suggest Weekend support.... The world doesn't stop just because it's "Saturday" or "Sunday".

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand that I have to argue with moniker every time I have a problem.
They always say all is fine AND EVERY SINGLE TIME IT IS NOT.

I know that companies are taught to always deny, deny, deny but Moniker should visit a shrink.

aguss

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its probably time for you to part with them... I only have one domain with them, and I will transfer it out (dunno if its possible since its not yet 2 months old).
I kind of wonder if all these problems with moniker started after the acquisition by oversee, or they have always been like this.

Many people here on DNF seem to like moniker tho....

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am open to suggestions for a new registrar.

The problems started when they shifted their business model from domain registrations to domain auctions.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They always say all is fine AND EVERY SINGLE TIME IT IS NOT.

Well, John M did eventually acknowledge and apologize for this. He maybe just
needed time to verify, then later did so when he confirmed it on his own.

Anyway, what's done is done, but this has been resolved. Meanwhile, drip, see
Fabulous maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom