Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

fabulous More Fabulous BS

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Fabulous.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stueynet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is an email I just got from Fabulous:

Dear Stuart,

We continue to monitor the traffic from all domain name owners to ensure we only send the highest quality traffic to our advertisers.

We again found you to be in breach of our terms and conditions. This is your second infringement regarding the use of framesets and illigitimate traffic.

As such we have turned off all of your domains, and closed your account.

Any earnings you have generated to date will be paid out as per the normal payment dates.

Kind regards,

Nathan Power
Senior Account Representative
Fabulous.com

My first "Infraction" was a technical error because an old domain I had was pointing to another and I didnt realize it. Neither were getting any traffic mind you. I changed it immediately.

This time they don't even tell me what the problem domain is. Just this rude email. Framesets? I don't use framesets! I am a css developer for F's sake. I have no doubt that they have once again made the mistake and now they have shut down my account. What a joke.

My favorite is the kind regards at the end.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it is possible that someone else is framing your content. I had a similar issue with one of my domains.

fabulous are notorious for this, so dont feel persecuted as you join many thousands of other users that have had to endure this.

It appears that some programs are playing judge and jury on matters such as this, and frankly it will be their own undoing.

I know this can be a frustrating experience, but to be honest your domains are probably better off elsewhere. Just put this down to experience and for every domainer that leaves a program, several shortly follow.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They do this when they don't want you as a customer anymore. They are pretty classless when they are ready to part ways. They get away with it because they pay more for gambling PPC. They wasted a good two months of my time last year and my only revenge was that I started a Fabulous Cheated Me thread, and I also bought three people's names in dotcom who bothered me at the company... in case they did something stupid before I got all of my domains out of there.

I had over 2,000 names that I registered through them and I am down to under 200. We all need to look out for our own interests, but I still say that their achilles heel is going to be how they treat people when they decide to close them down. Many people are new to the business and it can be pretty confusing and scary at first when you are dealing with investing a lot of money in names. They don't have to care about that...and they don't.

Now they are partnering with Go-Daddy to sell their crap names. If they were any good they wouldn't be up for sale. The plundering of the newbies will have a different twist very soon. It's called: "Please buy the names we aren't going to renew...we've had them parked and they aren't making money, and no one has offered to buy them for $400 each".

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Please buy the names we aren't going to renew...we've had them parked and they aren't making money, and no one has offered to buy them for $400 each".

My personal view in a nutshell. Well put.

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My personal view is Fabulous has been the best I have ever dealt with far superior to any of the other six I have used.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
xnx said:
My personal view is Fabulous has been the best I have ever dealt with far superior to any of the other six I have used.

Whatever you are :censored: please pass some my way. It must be some good sh...tuff

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not smoking anything and don't appreciate the reference to drug use maybe that is your lifestyle I don't use drugs so keep your remarks to your self don't direct them toward to me because you have a vendetta against FABULOUS. I have no problems with Fabulous

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who brought drugs into this discussion? This is a drug-free discussion forum. If your mindset about "smoking" refers to drugs then you need to look at your lifestyle. :pop2:

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jdk said:
Whatever you are smoking please pass some my way. It must be some good sh...tuff
You did with the implication in that quote and I am as vehemently opposed to Tobacco ( the legalized drug) as Drugs so either way keep your tobacco and or drug references to your self

You constantly criticize Fabulous but I have never heard what your problem was

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Because I am not one to go and post info publically. It was tried to be worked out with Fab, but they like to turn a deaf ear at anything I try and say. They make you think like they are listening any trying to work it out, but their answer is the same.

BTW I cleaned my other post up so members don't get the wrong impression. :hat:

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can say to you JDK I got a response like that and it was no no no on one of my best domains and I was frustrated but conctacted Mike Robertson (Mike Fabulous here) and he went out of his way to fix it when three others said no SO that is why I have thought Highly of Fabulous or at least Mike Fabulous he went in and looked at internal reports to see what people were clicking on changed the keyword that 3 people said no to and THe rev is up 3 fold

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great to hear it. Funny thing was although they don't want to provide parking services for me (since I only had like 5 names when I was with them 8 months ago) and now I have over 1,800, they still say I can have a retail account and register names for $18 with them. LOL Oh boy, let me spend money with them, but not make it.

But again, its nothing against them, its just they unfairly treat people and like to single those out.

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well That last part is messed UP Mike Fabulous I wish you would respond to that part does not seem fair you will take the retail account but not the parking account

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is BS and there is no need for him to respond. We've discussed the issue, but that made my night when Mike said I could have the retail account when he was "unable to provide me" with a parking account.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
xnx said:
Well That last part is messed UP Mike Fabulous I wish you would respond to that part does not seem fair you will take the retail account but not the parking account

Do you work for Fabulous? You speak like a Fabulous rep, by the way where is he? Weird. :flame:

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Funny, you hear these same stories about ALL PPC companies at one time or another. Weird eh?

Shaun

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
XMAS I am not sure how I sound like a fabulous rep, IF Fabulous has been good for me to work with why can't I say that? AND I had a battle with them but what I thought was very good about them was that after 3 people gave me a hard time the 4 th one got things done Mike Fabulous was a big help. If we are going to criticize companies I believe it also fair to compliment them when they do good.

SHAUN your sig line is great IMO and NO I DON'T work for SHAUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom