Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed movieend

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024
Reaction score
If someone told you they had it what would you think it's about? What could it sell? How could it be monetised (by you or by a buyer)? Is it a popular term? How much development would it take to give the domain any value and could there be alternatives available equally as good? If you can't think of the answers to these questions then it is unlikely a buyer will. I can't see any value. The days of buying a domain consisting of some nice words put together and then flipping it are gone. Either your domain has an immediate obvious use or any value comes from development. This doesn't have either.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with Rob.
I don’t see what it could logically be used for.
Unless someone makes a movie called “End” then perhaps you would have a buyer.

Insomniac2403

Level 2
Reaction score
Thanks But there are Domains like " 3421" or "dsld" or those 4 letter Domain which makes no sense goes for a high value why is that ?

I have Checked this domain on Estibot and Domainindex it showed some value so was curios . But how much can we trust those appraisals from those sites ?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks But there are Domains like " 3421" or "dsld" or those 4 letter Domain which makes no sense goes for a high value why is that ?

I have Checked this domain on Estibot and Domainindex it showed some value so was curios . But how much can we trust those appraisals from those sites ?

Hi

those names you mentioned 3421 com or dsld.com have value because they are in demand by other domain investors.

whereas, your name is not in demand.

as for automated appraisals,
until you know more about domaining, then such appraisals will only confuse you.

you will have to know or have some idea of the value of a domain,
before you can know, whether an automated appraisals' value, is accurate or in range.

imo...

Reaction score
Automated appraisals are worthless. You cannot automate an appraisal of anything outside of a known market area such as three letter .com, four letter.com and the like. Even they they have inherent value only to other resellers and automated appraisals are wildly inaccurate most of the time. There is absolutely NO way to determine how much a buyer is willing to pay as an enduser as all budgets, as well as buying motivations, are different. Seriously estibot, godaddy appraisal etc are a blight on the domaining world and they only cause new entrants to the market financial loss. Ignore them. Think about it - if even you don't know how much a domain is worth to a potential buyer and how much it is worth to you as a seller - how can something automated possibly know?

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but there is a definite and strong market for 4 letter/4 number domains.
The fact that your name has no meaning doesn’t mean it falls into a category with them.
I really hope you can get what you see as the perceived value but no amount of spin is going to change it’s face value.

Insomniac2403

Level 2
Reaction score
Sorry, but there is a definite and strong market for 4 letter/4 number domains.
The fact that your name has no meaning doesn’t mean it falls into a category with them.
I really hope you can get what you see as the perceived value but no amount of spin is going to change it’s face value.
Calm down it was just a simple doubt ! I know what im talking about . LOL why are you guys Boiling around ?

Insomniac2403

Level 2
Reaction score
Automated appraisals are worthless. You cannot automate an appraisal of anything outside of a known market area such as three letter .com, four letter.com and the like. Even they they have inherent value only to other resellers and automated appraisals are wildly inaccurate most of the time. There is absolutely NO way to determine how much a buyer is willing to pay as an enduser as all budgets, as well as buying motivations, are different. Seriously estibot, godaddy appraisal etc are a blight on the domaining world and they only cause new entrants to the market financial loss. Ignore them. Think about it - if even you don't know how much a domain is worth to a potential buyer and how much it is worth to you as a seller - how can something automated possibly know?
Well sometimes there are few domain that is getting sold luckily , i have no idea why those sites had to estimate any values . I see around many Display their domain on those values . So i asked about it ! . i even had a appraisal for a Domain earlier here , one of you said it had no value but luckily it was sold for a decent money . i mean just saying perceptions differ but Domains are getting sold . So i just had to clear my doubts .

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don’t think anyone is boiling . You asked and we gave our opinions.
You might not like them or agree with them... no issues here.
Good luck

Insomniac2403

Level 2
Reaction score
Don’t think anyone is boiling . You asked and we gave our opinions.
You might not like them or agree with them... no issues here.
Good luck
No this isnt about that ! im just trying to get a clear picture thats all ! Not everyone is rich enough to register a premium domain . but when we see other domains which we might think have no value getting sold it raises curiosity . Once again im new to domain business . Just learning !

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No this isnt about that ! im just trying to get a clear picture thats all ! Not everyone is rich enough to register a premium domain . but when we see other domains which we might think have no value getting sold it raises curiosity . Once again im new to domain business . Just learning !

Hi

the domain game is not very clear, but for individual questions concerning it, you can get some clarity.

if one is patient, and has a good eye, it's still possible to acquire a low cost domain today and hold it until it becomes premium.

because every domain that was hand-registered in the past, could be that coveted premium domain today or in the future.

the thing about value is,
potential buyers have to see the value in the domain and the usage potential, which should be obvious.

rather than you having to explain what the domain means and why they should consider buying it at an inflated price.

sure, you can look at past sales, which may make you scratch your head in confusion

but you have to look at the 'sign of the times' for that period, is the name being used now,
along with other factors that could help understand that "particular" comparison and transaction.

just by looking at a past sale, doesn't tell you > who the seller was, how much experience they have, who the buyer was, if the name had traffic, was an old website with backlinks, was aged name, etc.
so in that respect, comparables become more complicated to compare.

:)

imo...

Insomniac2403

Level 2
Reaction score
Hi

the domain game is not very clear, but for individual questions concerning it, you can get some clarity.

if one is patient, and has a good eye, it's still possible to acquire a low cost domain today and hold it until it becomes premium.

because every domain that was hand-registered in the past, could be that coveted premium domain today or in the future.

the thing about value is,
potential buyers have to see the value in the domain and the usage potential, which should be obvious.

rather than you having to explain what the domain means and why they should consider buying it at an inflated price.

sure, you can look at past sales, which may make you scratch your head in confusion

but you have to look at the 'sign of the times' for that period, is the name being used now,
along with other factors that could help understand that "particular" comparison and transaction.

just by looking at a past sale, doesn't tell you > who the seller was, how much experience they have, who the buyer was, if the name had traffic, was an old website with backlinks, was aged name, etc.
so in that respect, comparables become more complicated to compare.

:)

imo...
Yeah thought so , its just that confusion i was looking for the answer . i understand what you guys say . since this domain is about to get expired from my portfolio i had to ask whether if i can let the domain or hold for one more year . Thanks guys for your time .

Vadhi

Level 1
Reaction score
Yeah thought so , its just that confusion i was looking for the answer . i understand what you guys say . since this domain is about to get expired from my portfolio i had to ask whether if i can let the domain or hold for one more year . Thanks guys for your time .

IMHO

MOVIEEND can be used as a site which has only the ending scenes of a movie. Lot of people just want to relive the ending of a movie (I do).
For this purpose, MovieEndings would have been an proper name, but it is close, and it is short (better).
If you are into developing sites, I think you can develop this to a pretty decent one.
Try to get copyrights only for the endings so that people who don't find it on youtube, can come over to your site - if you want to monetize through memberships
Your site logo can be like

MOVIE
END

so that it has better visual recall and readability.
You have a lot of SEO work up ahead.

The others who replied are more knowledgeable ones. I am a hopelessly optimistic person. Though it may not be a wise decision, but if I was in your situation, (as the others suggested) I would retrospect about the reason I took this domain in the first place. If I feel strong and optimistic about it still, I will put my heart into it.

I have left many babies of mine just go off into someone else's hands just because I didn't have the time, was lazy or didn't have the money. If I had the money, I would hold on to every one that I registered ( I haven't paid premium for any yet).

BTW, I have never earned out of a domain yet, either selling or developing, so maybe I am just all talk. You mentioned you sold one for a decent amount. Good for you!

Cheers and good luck!

Reaction score
Calm down it was just a simple doubt ! I know what im talking about . LOL why are you guys Boiling around ?

Ok seems you have more experience. Our opinions are only opinions gleaned from decades in the business. In future though if you already know the answer you would like to hear probably better not to ask for others input. Good luck. BTW you can't claim in one post that'I know what I'm talking about' and in another state 'i have no idea why those sites had to estimate any values '. Either you do or you don't. Please let other visitors in on any knowledge you have - this is a public forum about domains. I'll make it easy though for new entrants. You CANNOT register a fresh domain of any value, you can only buy it. Sorry but you're about 10 years too late to the party.

Vadhi

Level 1
Reaction score

Not sure about the number domains, but I read somewhere that the Chinese used to/still take a liking for number domains. Please enlighten me with the reasons/logic if anyone can.
DSLD can be for a new company that is going to come up. I don't think you will get JPMC.com even if you pay millions now.
A 5 letter company name abbreviation is unheard of, atleast by me. So 3 and 4 character ones have popularity, as told by the others.

IMHO I too felt the others were just giving their opinion and nobody was boiling. I think @jaydub was trying to be honest and encouraging also.
Ok seems you have more experience. Our opinions are only opinions gleaned from decades in the business. In future though if you already know the answer you would like to hear probably better not to ask for others input. Good luck. BTW you can't claim in one post that'I know what I'm talking about' and in another state 'i have no idea why those sites had to estimate any values '. Either you do or you don't. Please let other visitors in on any knowledge you have - this is a public forum about domains. I'll make it easy though for new entrants. You CANNOT register a fresh domain of any value, you can only buy it. Sorry but you're about 10 years too late to the party.

@RobM Can you please let me know what you mean by "You CANNOT register a fresh domain of any value, you can only buy it". I am not able to pinpoint your exact meaning. Are you telling that if a domain has some value, it has to be bought from someone (and that it cannot be registered fresh?). Sorry, I can be dumb sometimes. I also have an OCD for exact words,sentences and meaning.

This is also my first multi comment reply. Not an expert in the world of forums and replies. :)

Insomniac2403

Level 2
Reaction score
I dont care who you are or how much of experience you have got , it was said that Dnforum can be used to get appraisals so i came here , i had few questions as im new and thats it ! You dont have to yap about what years of experience you have or anything ! , and as said opinions are welcome here . Im not blind to listen to one persons perception and take that as an input , as you can see my questions were clearly out of curiosity , if you can't answer it properly without showing off your experience that is not my problem . yes this is a public forum if you can't answer it better stop replying to people who come here for appraisals . once again We don't care about your experience .

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom