Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

multiple .biz registrations will = bad faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, stop messing with my top-to-bottom mole post listings, safe.:dead:

Domain summit 2024

I wish the .biz bashers who continue to say that the registry will not enforce the "bona-fide business use" would comment now.

There will be many more .biz domains seized and dropped before all the dust settles on these domains.

-t

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree. I've use some of my .biz extensions (I use them for my regular job eg file transfer, extranets) to refer industry people to some of my professional resources and they actually like that extension - think its cool and appropriate.

It's a breath of fresh air, after all the dismal choke of .com experience that many in my industry have had the misfortune to experience first hand.

I don't think many speculators who ride on the surface of real business recognise how bad insinuations of .com has sunk in the mindsets of people. Sure, .com is still the most recognised by the internet public what with Yahoo and Amazon and eBay. Sigh, wonder why the big buck sales have vanished?

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That the .com honeymoon is over and many companies who began with or added .com to their corporate name have dropped it from their corporate identity does not equate with a public perception that another TLD, like .biz, has greater business credibility. The cadillac of TLDs is still driven by the CEO, even though blue-haired widows and stocking-capped gang members are also behind the wheel.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dotsofdomains
That the .com honeymoon is over and many companies who began with or added .com to their corporate name have dropped it from their corporate identity does not equate with a public perception that another TLD, like .biz, has greater business credibility. The cadillac of TLDs is still driven by the CEO, even though blue-haired widows and stocking-capped gang members are also behind the wheel.

Vivid imagery, DFD.:D

My point is, and always has been, .biz does not equate with a public perception i.e. B2C.

Many businesses deal with B2B.

.com will be used to deal with B2C

.biz will be increasingly used to deal with B2B

With all due respect, the blue-haired widow and stocking-capped gang members you refer nothing are more than a mental storage and replay of the .com madness that happened in 1998-1999.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mole: The Italian .biz site you introduced us to may, indeed, be evidence that .biz will become a B2B, not B2C, playground. I understand your point. Time will tell. (And I'm sure you'll keep us posted as it develops.)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DOD, the internet never had a B2B address until the intro of .biz. (B2B is HUGE)

Just like mobile phones never had wireless earpieces until the intro of bluetooth technology.

The internet is now shaping to become what users want. There is no more excuses for the 'oh, it wasn't available'.

One of my biggest clients is an aggressive Telco. The mantra is simple - The past is past, the present and future is what counts.

Meaningful web addressing is a means to that. Who cares about the heritage of .com?? Apparently, most here do.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mole--I'm learning by the day, with you, and other forum members, among the educators. We're in this together. Thnx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators