Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.mx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering. Why does .mx domain cost so much? At godaddy, it's $209.99

Is there any good reason to buy such domain?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the price is on a sliding scale during landrush, started at $599/year I think, and will keep moving down until end of Oct to $35. Then I think after that it's $50/year, but hopefully will come down below $20 per year eventually.

I think the high price tag has greatly slowed regs, which is great if you have the money to spend to buy a few.

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you think there is any monetary benefit in registering .mx domains? Maybe in the future?

From what i heard, people in Mexico have internet, exchange email, and surf the web. But they don't buy stuff online. A guy said it's hard to trust people there because there is no set secured system. Anyone here from Mexico that can give me input?

Can you imagine there would be future ebay in Mexico in the future?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here are some Mexico internet stats:

111,211,789 Mexico Population ('09) (about a third of the US)

27,400,000 Internet users as of Dec/08, 24.6% penetration, per eMarketer. This is getting close to the whole population of Canada.

4,804,282 broadband connections as of Sept./07, per OECD, 4.4% p.r.

Mexico borders the USA, is close to Canada, does lots of trade with both countries, and is swarmed by tourists in fall, winter, spring months.

I think country codes are good investments, and commerce over the net will increase over time like everywhere else.

The .mx landrush is a nice chance to get in on this market at the early stages, if you pick good keywords. The regs will pick up as the price comes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators