Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

My adsense results suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xecutech

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here are my results for the past month:
64,262 73 0.11% $0.19 $12.40
This site has been up since June 14th. Why is no one clicking?

This is for biblelounge.com, does anyone have any affilliate suggestions or should I sell ad space?

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Communities like yours have a terrible CTR. It's normal. Same with general discussion forums.

hunnam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On checking your index page I cannot see any Adsense ads or search

POLiSH

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hunnam said:
On checking your index page I cannot see any Adsense ads or search

Ditto

John-MI

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have a question what is that cms you are using? I also vcant see any adsenes

Imprimatur

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some of his other pages contain AdSense.

Why don't you have advertisements on your index page though?

xecutech

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The script doesn't put the ads there, which is ridiculus! I am working on it now, but I think I should just sell ad space. We have had people want to advertise, so we may set some rates and go from there.
Thank you for your help.

paco

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"This site has been up since June 14th. Why is no one clicking?"

Well, looks like my adsense sites suck more than yours. To me, it looks like you are having a very good startup.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Its not "no one clicking", you got 73 clicks and a 0.11% CTR.

You can expect 0.20% to 0.50% CTR by optimizing your Google ads, but you wont get more with a phpfox community.

I suggest you complement your revenue with affiliate programs or another ad network compatible with Adsense.

xecutech

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had to pull the adsense off! The links would say Christian singles and then you would have sexy girls in skimpy outfits when you click it!

I have not figured how to configure adsense. I wish I had more control over what ads come up.

I have 2-3 companies contacting me to advertise, but don't know what to base my rates on. I was hoping $200-300 a month? We get 600 uniques a day.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The word "christian" is triggering the christian singles ad, nothing you can do about that really. Sell banner advertising with a simple banner rotator script , banner advertising you sell per 1,000 views and not by uniques , put the banner code site wide in the header area, sell at $2 to $4 per 1,000 views is a good rate , depending on how much they buy, go $2 per 1,000 for purchases of 50,000 banner views = $100 , then $3 for 25,000 = $75 ,and $4 per 1,000 if less than that, maybe someone wants just 5,000 views = $20

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe 0.11% CTR is typical for most all forums. That may be a reason you see so may forum boards and forum domains listed for sale as it's a lot of work, time and potential bandwidth but very tough to make any real money for most. Plus, the EPC too is often very low.

DNF seems to be a big exception what with all the paid members and numerous advertisers here and other stuff they sell such as the template system, parkingsite, etc.

When Dan owned this forum several yrs ago I advertised here myself every day for about 3-mos and had an average CTR of exactly 0.10%. With non-forums you can achieve at least 20 times more (about 2.00% or higher vs 0.10%).

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Off topic, but christian singles aren't so "innocent"

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you can actually filter ads if you want.

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
check your stats and see where your traffic is comming from, this should help you target your ads to your traffic, they must see compelling ads to get clicks...my ctr is in the HIGH 20% range

Steve

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fab said:
I think you can actually filter ads if you want.

Indeed - and it's a good way to get rid of those low paying or annoying ads. Competitive ad filter google calls it.

And like others said - some sites will generate clicks but the payout is small. It can be frustrating to get 20 clicks in one day and get $1.05 return for it. Next day can be 7 clicks with $15 dollar return. If your content is changing daily and new content is the most read, your return will fluctuate. Let it go for a bit then average it out.

As for finding other sources of income - never a bad idea. Just don't break your agreed terms with adsense.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$12.40 for half a month on a new site is not too bad. Many new websites would like to make that, but they are unable to.

dotnettrader

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
March2005 said:
$12.40 for half a month on a new site is not too bad. Many new websites would like to make that, but they are unable to.

Agreed, your website seem is doing a hell of a lot better than mine
getoutdoorgear.com , which has been up since March , 2005 last year.

It has only earn $15 USD in Google Adsense revenue so far and
$90 in Affiliate revenue.

So, you are not doing that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators