Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

MY.com - 2 2-letter domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suggest central nic, probably the most likely buyer of this name.
FANTASTIC NAME BTW :)

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok...

Probably one of the most brandable / memorable Internet addresses.

Excellent potential.
Wow, that is an excellent domain.

Thanks...

are there advertising opportunities available for MY.com while it is on sale??? If so, PM ME!
I don't think so, but I can find out.

Get the owner to keep it a few more years!

Well, I want to sell it, it has been a challenge!

I want to update everyone. With so much interest, I don't currently have a date set on this to close, but I am creating a list of people that may be interested in this name, and when it is done, I may do a private auction to only this list of users, so that only people that have a sincere interest will be able to bid on it. I think that would make it easier.

That said, I have been brainstorning what this domain could be used for, and one thing I thought of, since blogs are so popular these days, is a blog site like blogger.com, and the home page would be search portal like Yahoo.com, with a slogan like "My.com: Welcome to MY World", across a logo of the world.

OK, well I better go awnser some pms.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dntalk said:
I suggest central nic, probably the most likely buyer of this name.
FANTASTIC NAME BTW :)

That's a good suggestion, maybe another .my.com subdomain server for them.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just did some research on the domain on Archive.org...

Thursday December 19 1:00 PM PDT

Domain 'MY.COM' Made Available to Highest Bidder

BERKELEY, Dec. 19 -- Memory USA has announced that the highly sought-after domain name, "MY.COM" is now for sale. The company expects the domain name will break the recent record of US$95,000 as the highest reported price paid for an internet domain name.

MY.COM

Now Available

BERKELEY, July 17 -- Memory USA has announced that the highly sought-after domain name, "MY.COM" is now for sale. The company expects the domain name may break the US$150,000 record as the highest reported price paid for an Internet domain name.

MY.COM

Now Available

BERKELEY, DECEMBER 11, 1998-- Alexander Lerman has announced that the domain name MY.COM is for sale for US$600,000.

We started MY.COM INC. in November 1999 to help deliver the next generation of application services so desperately needed by all Internet users.
Our revolution continues later this year.

MY.COM INC.
Suite 1630, 10900 NE 4th Street
Bellevue, WA

We purchased the domain name my.com for an Internet startup but never used it.
We now need to sell this incredible one-of-a-kind domain name.
We are currently prepared to sell my.com for USD $1.5M.

If you are interested in the domain name my.com feel free to contact us at [email protected].
Serious inquiries only please.

We purchased the domain name my.com for an Internet startup but never used it.
We now need to sell this incredible one-of-a-kind domain name.
We are currently prepared to sell my.com for USD $1,000,000.

If you are interested in the domain name my.com feel free to contact us at [email protected].
Serious inquiries only please.

The this name looks like it has had an interesting history.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://my.com

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very informative.

Together

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A great name to be sure but I still have not received a PM on this. I am a little concerned that there seems to have been so many owners with such varying expectations of what the name is worth. On the website for my.com now the owner is asking $750K. Does the owner know what he wants for this name? If we come in at a price he agrees to, will he, like so many others I have dealt with, turn around and bump the price in a never ending price spiral that never ends up in a sale? I believe that some direction as to what the owners expectations, intentions and motivations are would assist all interested paties in evaluating whether or not it is worth our time pursuing this.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ME.com is NOT MY.com

Registrant:
Brainstorm Ventures International LLC (PGERFCYGID)
330 Townsend
Ste 107
San Francisco, CA 94107
US

Domain Name: ME.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Gonzales, Catherine (CG12133)
50 W. San Fernando
Ste 420
San Jose, CA 95113
US
123-123-456 fax: 123-123-456

Record expires on 22-Aug-2010.
Record created on 10-Dec-2003.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS77.WORLDNIC.COM 216.168.228.41
NS78.WORLDNIC.COM 216.168.225.218

My.com:
Organization:
TJ Smith Limited Partnership
Todd Smith
PO Box 19109
Sarasota, FL 34276
US

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All three domains are included in the price.

I will look into your www.hittracking.com. I have a tracking software included
with my hosting and that is where I got my stats, but you need to access it
through a password. If someone is interested in the name, I can provide for
them this information.

Thanks,

Todd

so i asked him what the 3rd domain is. I was not aware that there were 3, I thought it was only 2.

ok the 3rd domain is MYY.com

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the min offer is 550K. If you are interested, please PM me. I have had atleast one offer, so far, but if you want to it, sent in your best offers.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Word Mark MY.COM
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Blank magnetic data carriers; blank computer recording discs; audio and video cassette recarders; digital video recorders; compact disc players; data processors; computers; video tape recorders; computer software programs, namely e-commerce software to allow users to perform electronic business transactions via a global computer networks; computer search engine software; computer software and downloadable computer software for workflow management in the field of business administration; computer software to automate data warehousing; computer utility programs; computer communications software to allow customers to access bank account information and transact bank business. computer group ware for use in workflow management and electronic communication, namely email, contact management, project management, financial management, business automation, electronic information portals, for use in music education and jazz education, for use in providing a central information content management portal for business, for use in optical broadband software that operates and integrates enterprise software which controls business operations,transactions, intranet operations and internet operations, for use in automating the administration and delivery of end user support and customer management activities for use in workflow management and electronic communication, for use in office resource management and computer software, for use in developing, printing and formatting XML files, for use in automating the administration and delivery of end user support and customer management activities, and for use by a team of users to interact and work together using computer white boards that allows users of a web server to submit, exchange and store information and for use on local computer networks and extranets to create and distribute documents, provide electronic mail link services, schedule meetings, events and the like, manipulate sales and client information (including contracts, sales data, orders, and product information), facilitate file sharing, collaboration and administration, and to monitor and regulate the software's own internal systems and functions; computer game software; computer graphics software; computer software for accessing information directories that may be downloaded from the global computer network computer hardware handheld personal computers; computer software for communicating with users of handheld computers. global positioning system (GPS) consisting of computers, computer software,transmitters, receivers, and network interface devices computer terminals and monitors; personal digital assistants; portable digital audio players; electronic organizers; computer keyboards and cables; modems;computer programs for personal information management; database management software for general use; character recognition software; telephony management software; electronic mail and messaging software; paging software; computer programs for accessing, browsing and searching online databases; computer software for use in providing multiple user access to a global computer information network for searching, retrieving, transferring, manipulating and disseminating a wide range of information; computer software for use as a programming interface for use in for use in academic research, business application design and entertainment and for the purpose of creating, rendering and conveying effects for the production of computer graphics images and instruction manuals sold as a unit therewith and for the purpose of processing and preparing geographical data, including imagery, terrain models and vectors, to make the data conform to a multi-resolution gridded tiling system, and for the purpose of transmitting and assembling the data tiles for creating, rendering, conveying and displaying two-dimensional and three-dimensional color computer graphics images, and instructional manuals sold as a unit therewith and for 3D graphics applications for visual simulation training and for 3D graphics applications; computer software for use in network server sharing; local networking software; computer software for use to assist in dialing telephone numbers; computer software for use in video editing; computer software for use in enhancing text and graphics. computer software for use in authoring, downloading, transmitting, receiving, editing, extracting, encoding, decoding, playing, storing and organizing audio, video and digital data; computer software for analyzing and troubleshooting other computer software; children's educational software; web site development software; computer peripherals
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 78147673
Filing Date July 25, 2002
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) T.J. Smith Limited Partnership Todd Smith, USA PARTNERSHIP COLORADO 3940 Red Rock Way Sarasota FLORIDA 34231
Attorney of Record Jennifer L. Whitelaw
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

-------------------
Word Mark MY.COM
Goods and Services IC 035. US 100 101 102. G & S: Online retail store services via a global computer network featuring computers, computer software and telecommunications equipment
IC 042. US 100 101. G & S: Computer services, namely designing, implementing and supporting web sites for others; hosting the web-sites of others on a computer server for a global computer network; information services concerning the domain name system and domain name management via a global computer network; registration of domain names for identification of users on a global computer network

Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 75899736
Filing Date January 21, 2000
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1A
Published for Opposition March 23, 2004
Owner (APPLICANT) T.J. SMITH T.J. Smith Management, LLC, organized under the law of Colorado LIMITED PARTNERSHIP BY ASSIGNMENT NEVADA 3940 RED ROCK WAY SARASOTA FLORIDA 34231
Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of Record Jennifer L. Whitelaw
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=oajj4v.2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com