Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

My domain names have been Hijacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats correct, only enom does that. I have received domain names into my GD account and pushed them into another account right afterwards.

I heard on an Enom reseller account there is no 7 day wait.

Domain Summit 2024

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once again... I appreciate all that you guys are doing. All of you. I know you guys are busy, and its good to know we have people like you here.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should know that we have nothing to do here!

Just watching the forums 24/7 to grab bargain names!

Good luck! May be it is a good time for you to make a small investment: buy ZoneAlarm and install it to your computer.

John

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Johnn... I've origionally called all of them, but 2 of the three have told me to email there support....

Godaddy's general counsel and a VP have referred it to the appropriate folks internally.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It had to be someone you know dude...anyone "shady" have access to your computer?

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Andrew, hope everything works out and let us hope the culprit/s are caught.

As an aside, some people wonder what the point is of belonging to a forum like this? Well if ever a single reason could be put into words it is simply because we are a community and the strength we all get that comes out of such a community.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good news is they took only crappy names, thanks God !
I hope your premium names are safe. Good luck in getting back the names.

ps. i just called my account manager at Godaddy and alterted him on the case. seems he was already notified of the same

JohnZ

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
any news ? HOPE you are well!

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone...... It is amazing how powerful everyone's knowledge and contacts are. I dont think we use that to our ability as much as we should... We tend to only work that way when something bad happens.

Domain names from domain site are locked as they investigate. Got an email from moniker telling me that they are looking into the matter, and that it will take some time as it is a security issue. And I have yet to hear back from godaddy's amazing 24 hour support. Ill let you know if I hear anything else. The domain names may not be premium... But its my hard work.

The IP address came from India, but as we all know that doesnt say much. I dont think it was anyone in my home, my computer is password protected once when I tun my computer on, and then again when I go to open any programmes. Then my computer is logged out when ever I leave it.
I have a firewall, I use McAfree Security Center. It also has an anti virus and spyware.

I'm thinking a good possibility is that personal information was somehow connected to a domain name I let drop sometime in the past. Is that possible?

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hope all works out. Domainsite is 99.9% on their customer service, head and shoulders above most of the rest.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Namecheap, they don't use phones ... [email protected] is the best you can do, and sent them emails for renewals/ reg notices from them, and they will push them back to you, and get you access.

UDLTD

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sadly with godaddy AShaw all I can say is good luck with godaddy. They still after a whole year allowed Hacked.cc to be tossed around like this.. Sad to say but never trust GoDaddy with your domains.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any updates on this? The more we network together to stop this, the less often it will happen.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Call Godaddy, ask for the executive accounts dept and demand to talk to Bob (Parsons) this will get you results VERY fast..good luck dude.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is really sad to ear, and to be honest, it can also happen with a pop3 email.
By this time, do you know of any vulnerabilities in your PC or network?
Do you use wifi? Protected with wep or wpa?
Search your pc for keyloggers too.

Best of luck...

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been told by many members to attach emails regarding renewals, registration and so on... But, you have to remember, I have absolutely no control of my email accounts, as thats what initially got hacked.

Godaddy has emailed me back with the form attachment. I've filled that out, and faxed it over. 2 unfortunate things about that are... Its the only way they process claims... and right above my signature I have waived any and all claims related to this request asserted against the register or any of its affiliates. Indenbify, defend, and hold harmless the register or affiliates of any loss, liability, damages or expenses.

No other updates at this time...

My suggestions to everyone:

Download all emails onto a CD, or Flash Drive, and delete them from your account. There is no reason to have so much personal information in one spot. Especially in a place so accessable to hackers. Having your information stored offline, and off your computer would be the safest bet. It can happen to anyone!

DomainBuyer2007

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about this Andrew. Good luck in getting your names back.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and right above my signature I have waived any and all claims related to this request asserted against the register or any of its affiliates. Indenbify, defend, and hold harmless the register or affiliates of any loss, liability, damages or expenses.

Do you have reason to believe it is their fault that someone got into your email?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Bob Parsons wants to ensure the continuation of his expensive earring collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom