Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

My Experience with Bodis.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

irongloves

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So far my experience with Bodis has been really positive.

I've transferred most of my domains to them (I was on SedoPro and NameDrive before).

My revenue has increased like 60% and I don't know why.
I'm quite sure that both ND and Sedo were eating a big chunk of my PPC revenue.

I assume also they made a very good decision to display only 5 sponsored results on the parking landing pages.

Everybody knows that less options (links, in this case) lead to an easier decision (click).

Still, I think there's room for improvements and all the following is some suggestion for Bodis.com:

1) It would be great to have a paid pop-unders option as an additional revenue source (Sedo and ND have):
You should sign a contract with pop-unders providers/brokers. There's still people and companies who pay for ppv on the internet so I see some value in it.

2) An option to "capitalize" the letter of the domain name (Similar to ND).
I still think that DomainName.com is more friendly and gives a better impression than Domainname.com (my opinion though)

3) More templates.

I'm thinking what about if you display just the top 3 links on the landing, and nothing else? Would the CTR go up? Somehow I think so, might be worth testing it.

Thanks

Domain summit 2024

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input.

Templates and other new things in UI scheduled for Monday.

Capitalization I agree, I will try to find some way in the near future.

We have tried pop unders and they pay so little that you lose more money from PPC due to user being distracted. So pop unders only work on exit, but revenues are minimal and our PPC upstream provider doesn't allow exit pop unders.

Yes, 3 links CTR would go down but revenue would go up as CPC is higher in the top 3 advertisers. However, our minimum allowed from our primary upstream provider is 5. :)

Any more suggestions are certainly welcome! :)

boziffous

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any chance of bringing back the option to manually select a photo for each domain?

Thanks

irongloves

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any chance of bringing back the option to manually select a photo for each domain?

Yes, another think that may need change is the default picture for the 2-click landing.
Kind of tired of the smiling woman and sometimes it doesn't make a good impression on my forex domain names.

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for SEO purpose title changes would be nice too. Thanks.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Comment removed.

I decided to give Bodis another try... I moved one domain there for testing and like what I see.

I'm moving more over and will report back with the results.

Last edited:

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider, that was 4 years ago. There was already apology notices sent in 2007 and your account was reverted back.

The industry is more complicated than you think. We report to someone else, we don't call all the shots. No parking company does. We don't work with advertisers directly and therefore someone else tells us what we need to do and when we have to do it.

I don't understand why you are trying to disrupt our business 4 years later with these types of posts. No legit account has been ever turned down since. A lot has changed since then. You're welcome to give us another try.

If you don't want to then I don't know why you'd give such an outdated opinion?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any updates on Bodis experiences, 1 year later?

I did a limited test months ago and they were "good", but got spammed by people entering $20 offers into their generic 'for sale' form.

There still seems to be no option to add keywords, select photos, or even do the domain capitalization discussed here 1 year ago.

Anyone still using them, or moved elsewhere?

irongloves

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm still on Bodis with my undeveloped domain names.

During the last year what I realized is that parking domain names is just a waste of resources. So I'm developing my domain names on a daily basis.

On the long run they earn much (but really much) more than being parked, but I'm sure you all guys realized it by now.

On a side note, I like the simple layout of Bodis parking pages (like Fossey3 or Fossey2).

And I appreciated the fact they find new earning ways by redirecting traffic to CPA offers. They usually pay good money.

The situation is not so good since my PPC on my portfolio has gone from $0.18 to $0.12 but I guess that's a thing of the whole industry

I also had some big sales (US$10k) for some of my domains through the contact form, so I cannot complain about it.

I wish there was an option to set a fixed for-sale price so the potential buyer would know the price (I'm sure many potential buyers don't even try to contact me since they think I'm gonna charge $$$ for cheap domain names).

I want to add that I even have an account with InternetTraffic, but it is converting only for US Traffic or English-speaking countries traffic (UK, Canada, Australia, etc.).
I moved most of my European domain names back to Bodis where they usually convert better.

I hate I cannot chose my keywords for my domain names, since it was possible before, but I guess because of the abuse of some idiots on the platform (misusing the feature), they pulled it off.

I would really suggest to give a big try to Bodis. I'm still with them today.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my domains are not doing that good there , maybe i have sucky ones !! can bodies help me

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information.

Are you developing by launch individual Wordpress sites, or using one the services like WhyPark?

I'm still on Bodis with my undeveloped domain names.

During the last year what I realized is that parking domain names is just a waste of resources. So I'm developing my domain names on a daily basis.

On the long run they earn much (but really much) more than being parked, but I'm sure you all guys realized it by now.

On a side note, I like the simple layout of Bodis parking pages (like Fossey3 or Fossey2).

And I appreciated the fact they find new earning ways by redirecting traffic to CPA offers. They usually pay good money.

The situation is not so good since my PPC on my portfolio has gone from $0.18 to $0.12 but I guess that's a thing of the whole industry

I also had some big sales (US$10k) for some of my domains through the contact form, so I cannot complain about it.

I wish there was an option to set a fixed for-sale price so the potential buyer would know the price (I'm sure many potential buyers don't even try to contact me since they think I'm gonna charge $$$ for cheap domain names).

I want to add that I even have an account with InternetTraffic, but it is converting only for US Traffic or English-speaking countries traffic (UK, Canada, Australia, etc.).
I moved most of my European domain names back to Bodis where they usually convert better.

I hate I cannot chose my keywords for my domain names, since it was possible before, but I guess because of the abuse of some idiots on the platform (misusing the feature), they pulled it off.

I would really suggest to give a big try to Bodis. I'm still with them today.

irongloves

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ehm, there's life after Wordpress.

Just joking :lol:

Yes I use Wordpress mostly and unique content. I wish I could make it on Joomla as well as they told me there are more features, but day by day Wordpress is getting more useful for setting up websites (not only blogs).

No way I'm going to use those minisite makers.

Believe me, Google has a big nose to smell junk from far.

I had one of my domain names, I hand registered it, spent 1 day to put it up with wordpress and content.
I outsourced some SEO/backlinking (costed me US$40).

It's been making US$3/day with AdSense for the past 4 months and I didn't care it since that first day. Let me tell you this is not a keyword domain name that is searched many times (I remember it had like 8,000 searches/month on Google).

With parking you simply can't do that, never.

Start from point one and repeat for all your domain names. Not to mention you can sell your "developed" website for huge cash on marketplaces like Flippa.

Last edited:

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Again, thank you for the very useful info.

As a life-long software engineer on the Microsoft platform I kind of hate that the best course of action is now to use a 3rd party shell (Wordpress) and learn to code a whole new language (PHP)... but it does seem to be the best way to go these days. I know people doing Joomla, and I'm told that unless you have a compelling reason, don't waste your time.

I've considered using the new Wordpress "networked" option to run multiple sites under 1 install, but that doesn't sound like a good way to go if I sell 1 domain and want to simply "hand over the keys" to the buyer. I'm guessing it may not be so simple to pull out the content and put it in a new install. Any thoughts on that?

Ehm, there's life after Wordpress.

Just joking :lol:

Yes I use Wordpress mostly and unique content. I wish I could make it on Joomla as well as they told me there are more features, but day by day Wordpress is getting more useful for setting up websites (not only blogs).

No way I'm going to use those minisite makers.

Believe me, Google has a big nose to smell junk from far.

I had one of my domain names, I hand registered it, spent 1 day to put it up with wordpress and content.
I outsourced some SEO/backlinking (costed me US$40).

It's been making US$3/day with AdSense for the past 4 months and I didn't care it since that first day. Let me tell you this is not a keyword domain name that is searched many times (I remember it had like 8,000 searches/month on Google).

With parking you simply can't do that, never.

Start from point one and repeat for all your domain names. Not to mention you can sell your "developed" website for huge cash on marketplaces like Flippa.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
3 1/2 month later: income for domains parked is plummeting, and the changes promised in this thread never happened - still dealing with $10 offers. Oh well, we gave 'em a shot.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What's great about about Parking is were not committed to it, no contract that forces us to stay, no penalty, We have a choice, we can leave at anytime for whatever reason, under performance, broken promises or whatever bunches up your underwear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators