Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

My .MX Investment Strategy and Domain Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I've concluded my purchases of .MX domains. I know some of the new guys on the forums have asked for help in what to purchase and strategies so here's mine if it helps. If others want to join in and post there names and strategy- feel free to post here.

I think I purchased a name at every price drop point (GD). This is probably the first landrush where my purchase were clearly planned out. My theory and reasoning was if I am purchasing a domain name for $800+ during a landrush then I better approach this with an end user mindset and that means DEVELOPMENT/ DEVELOPMENT strategy. I also embraced the mindset that these names are long term investments and would not peddle them on the forums for sale at any point like people have already been doing which I think will severely hurt the resell market (but that is a whole new post on its own).
That said, I purchased names mostly on how easy it would be for me to develop them and cater them to my audience. In this case I segmented my audience to 2 groups- Spanish speaking Mexicans and English Speaking Mexicans. I stayed with industries that were global where in English words would still work strongly in that country hence my purchases of Information.mx and Technology.mx. Doesn't matter where you're from, you know those words and both will make great portals or news sites.
I also wanted to diversify and get a name domain- hence I picked up Carlos.mx being the most popular name in Mexico.
I wanted a geo name. I personally like and prefer country geos in targeted language so I got Francia.mx (France).
Since technology is my background and passion I also grabbed Nube.mx (cloud- as in cloud computing) and Servers.mx I went for the spanish word since that is the rhetoric being used by Sun and 3Com on the Spanish/Mexican version of there sites for Nube and significantly hire google mexico results. Also Servers is both english and spanish with adsense results.
3 letter words are always solid long and short term investments so I went for those that showed ads when googled, a few million results and where used in both English and Spanish and where I have had success selling before in other cctlds. Fax.mx Get.mx Med.mx Man.mx TVS.mx get.mx will be a .mx reseller. Med will be a Medical portal with @med.mx email addresses and considering sub domains.

I hope this post was helpful and gave folks some insight into one man's approach to what I consider to be a solid extension with great long term potential for massive growth and success.

mibworld

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your interesting comments. The ones I like the most from your list are technology, servers, med and, of course, carlos (that's my name, but I preferred to register my surname :) ). I'm still in buying mode so I'll reserve any comments on my personal strategy for a later time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom