Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld myid .ca Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone submitting domains to myid for their .ca sales center|forum|website|

Deadline is tonight.

Domain summit 2024

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am not interested in their auctions anymore either. I will not be participating.

The constant emails and the thousands of names they are receiving....make it sound like they are bigger than they really are. A whole lot of fluff.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I submitted about 30 domains, you can set a min offer and buy it now price. From their email it looks like thousands of names have been submitted. An idea like this could work well if it's publicized. Because .ca registration is limited to Canadian presence, a home grown market with a lot of choice makes sense. Can you imagine the average .ca end user going to Sedo or Afternic to find a .ca? If they can go to a site like MyID looks to have, and browse categories, then it might be an easier process. Besides, I like to try almost everything when it comes to domains and internet, and MyID has had success before.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At best them seem to me to be a disorganized bunch. Not what youd call professional business persons.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This .ca market is dead right now, I think MYID did the best they could. The harsh reality is .ca has gone stale among us domainers and end users take a lot of work, which many of us don,t want to commit to, certainly me. I have sold most of my domains to you guys here on DNforum and quite reasonable, I may add. Now its tough to get $60 for 1 word generics that I have held since 2005 /06. Basically, I recoup my registration fees, now if a domain is regged 2004 and below, most don,t get offered for less then xxxx/xxxxx. I would like to see a trade domain site, that valuates domains in the different ranges like xxx, high xxx, xxxx, high xxxx etc. The guys could all trade for domains of interest, now thats what I call fun .lol

Last edited:

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would like to see a trade domain site, that valuates domains in the different rages like xxx, high xxx, xxxx, high xxxx etc. The guys could all trade for domains of interest, now thats what I call fun .lol

The trade idea is a good one. Maybe we should just start a thread on dnf with domains we are willing to trade/swap...

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If someone really wants a sale they can list their names here on DNF in an auction format.

I am not participating in an auction format that is hidden like MYID. I still can't get over some sales that happened there. That's just me though ;)

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lets say we listed a group of domains, and appraised them in category, according to date registered, generic value, maybe ppc value or application value, then put them in group A xxxxx, then Group B xxxx, Group C xxx and group D xx. So someone could offer an exchange of 3 domains in group c for 3 others, but how would you get a number of judges to qualify the grouping, that would be tricky. Ideally, if I get 3 domains accepted in group C, I should be able to take out 3 domains in group C, without any hassle. The system would need a lot of domains to work. But if it did, would be awesome. Any ideas, guys ? We can start a new thread on this if there is interest, I see we are getting off topic regarding MYID...

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The marketplace at MyID is not an auction, it's a sales marketplace. I actually helped with some testing and the platform is simple and effective. There are some really nice names listed and when it goes live, which I am not sure I am allowed to advise on, it will bring more exposure to .ca domains.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it will bring more exposure to .ca domains

Well in their emails they claim lots of advertising yet this is the only mention on any domain forum that I have seen for it...

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the "expecting more than 15,000 " submissions killed it for me. As a buyer and a seller, I just cannot deal with weeding through those kinds of numbers...

qm

Last edited:

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you guys are a tough crowd! lol. the names I listed took only a few minutes to upload and price, the process was smooth. we already look through 3000 to 4000 names every week through TBR. on the myid site it looks like you can browse by category (health, real estate, personal, etc.), hopefully by keyword too. I bought and sold in the myid auctions before and all went well. at the least this will be another platform to market your .ca domains to people who are looking specifically for a .ca, because that's all that's listed. there is really nothing to lose, even if I don't sell a name, the time invested was minimal. at times there has been a lot of discussion here about advancing .ca domains, and here is a site that will give .ca some more exposure. at least they are doing something to promote the extension (and no I am not affiliated with myid). when the site is running I know I'll be browsing through to see what's listed.

ianccc

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
come on folks give your head a shake.
I like the rest of folks here hope for the best, but this one hit wonder, we are having a weekly auction, then after 3 weeks......nothing
-I wish for good things for myID.
-I hope they become rich.
-I hope they all have trophy wives.

but for $%^$%%^^ sake make something consistent. have a YEARLY auction and stick to it. the whole MyID auction is givin me a headache
please be consistent

I cannot and will not enter names - sign documents - fax documents - set reserves for one-hit wonders anymore

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you no longer have to fax anything, the authentication process took me maybe 2 minutes... super simple and effective now. At first things were a big headache but now they are doing much better and looks like they have really put some effort in to trying to become a leader in the .ca marketplace

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the site went live a little while ago, tried it out and you can search for names by keyword. for people looking to buy a .ca in the aftermarket, it is easy to key in on what you're looking for. I browsed around for a few minutes, there are some nice domains on the site, all kinds of price ranges.

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My findings were the same, lots of names listed, varrying price ranges. Easy to find what you are looking for.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When you are not logged in - you can't browse the listings. It should be open to all to view. You can do a single search but can't view all the results...

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's my wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators