• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed MyTownNewYork.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlc

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
308
Reaction score
1
Hi,

Thoughts and Appraisal for

MyTownNewYork.com

Thanks,

jc
 
Maybe it's too long,although for New Yorkers it's a nice name`
Mid $XXX if you're lucky~
Good Luck!
 
low-mid XX

I really cannot see any more value in it. Too long to market.
 
reseller probably close to reg fee IMO .. its way too long, but I can see how a NewYorker enduser would buy it for maybe low $xxx
 
regfee - $xx. The word town kills the value. If it were mynewyork it would be much better.
 
Agreed with others. Low $xxx's
 
Thanks to those who replied, your opinions are appreciated!

But,

How can this be way too long? The average domain name has 13 letters.

JC
 
Hmm. I think it could be developed and indexed into something, but hard as type-in. I think for a type-in with not a short name, it has to be something that someone sitting in the middle of the night at his computer would say, "Let's try this."

Plus New Yorkers call their "town" New York CITY. Others outside NYC (especially abroad) call it New York, without the distinction between the city and the state.

Just some thoughts. Good luck anyway. I presume you've already regged it.
 
Thanks Foodie,

I agree it's not necessarily a type in, but it's easy to remember. So I think the brandability is there. Also Town is used informally for city, makes it more personal.

Anyone else with an opinion?

Thanks,

JC
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom