• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed N G E M U . C O M 40k uniques daily, 7 years old

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spdude

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2004
Messages
146
Reaction score
0
Of course, if we were ever to consider selling, we would be selling the entire thriving community, plus all the content along with the domain.

The Alexa rank is currently 12,189 and rising pretty steadily every few months.

In three and a half months of gathering stats using Extremetracking's hidden tracker, it shows 22,274 SE hits for the term N G E M U (without spaces), which makes up only 1.70% of the total SE traffic over this three and a half month period. Since the domain is a .com anyways, true typein traffic would probably be several times that.

Right now, 11.00 am on a Thursday morning, it shows 700 people online at the forum.

The revenue from Google Adsense is approximately ~5,000/month with one single ad unit. The site has generated approximately $60,000 in the last 12 months.

I was thinking of a valuation beginning at $200,000 based on the age and established nature of the domain, as well as the obvious upward trend this site is headed towards.

There are absolutely no legal issues at all with the site, and simple browsing of some of the forum topics would confirm the strict policy enforced regarding posting links of any copyrighted material (bannable offence), let alone hosting it.

Finally, there are 4 other domains part of the network, all of which are also 5-8 years old, with DMOZ listings and significant traffic.

E M U F O R U M S . C O M
P C E X . N E T
A L D O S T O O L S . C O M
P S X E M U . C O M

Would appreciate any comments on the valuation of the network. Please avoid typing the domain names in the thread. Thanks....
 
No one willing to offer any comments on this near four digit Alexa ranked domain?

I think a major factor not mentioned above might be the zero-maintanence factor. Since there is a community in place and active admins taking care of every single aspect of the site, the owner never needs to update anything.
 
Sounds like a great money earner, I think if you can proove the income then it should be worth more than $200k... My only concern as a potential buyer would be whether traffic will decline over the years as people loose interest in these emus, but a great offering none the less! If I were you I'd hang on to it!
 
Sounds like a great money earner, I think if you can proove the income then it should be worth more than $200k... My only concern as a potential buyer would be whether traffic will decline over the years as people loose interest in these emus, but a great offering none the less! If I were you I'd hang on to it!

Thanks for the reply. During normal days (not following the release of a new PS2 emu version), baseline traffic is about 35k uniques a day.

The biggest referrel by far during these normal months is our gameboy advanced emu located at V B A . N G E M U . C O M

This project is complete and is not being updated since the last couple of years. The subdomain recieves a good 8,000 unique visitors daily!

Since the last year, I have seen no drop in traffic on this subdomain. The project has its own wikipedia page dedicated to it located here

Apart from that, new projects are constantly being added. Eventually there will be emulators for the xbox 360 and wii and all newer consoles. All this suggests traffic levels will continue to rise.

The main reason I'd like to sell this off is my Adsense account is now smartpriced.. and clicks across all my several dozen sites are paying at about $0.04. My next move would be to register a new corporation and get a new Adsense account, but would like to sell this network first, if a good offer came along.

11 months earnings (before the smartpricing penalty) can be provided, showing ~$55,000 in Adsense earnings.
 
I think you're looking quite reasonably at $300,000. Emus don't get out-of-date -- that's a fundamental asset to your network. Funny, I was just buying a DOS emulator for a PPC two minutes ago.

Best of luck! GREAT sites.
 
I think you're looking quite reasonably at $300,000. Emus don't get out-of-date -- that's a fundamental asset to your network. Funny, I was just buying a DOS emulator for a PPC two minutes ago.

Best of luck! GREAT sites.

Thanks.. If I could secure that higher 300k amount, wouldn't mind handing out 10% in broker fees. Any recommendations?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom