Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Namejet e-mail taking back auction name after 80 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is the domain trademarked or something?

If it was a Fabulous.com domain won at NJ, it likely was owned by a domainer....

80 days taking back a domain name is simply crazy.

I'd love to know the domain.

I assume this is the section NJ feels it's OK to take back a domain 80 days later?

"By bidding on a domain name, you agree to be bound by any conditions of sale that may be included in the item's description so long as those conditions of sale are not in violation of these Terms of Use or unlawful. Bids are not retractable. You also agree that NameJet shall have the right in its sole discretion to suspend or cancel any auction (Public or Private) prior to commencement of, during, or after completion of, the auction."

Domain Summit 2024

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
80 days seems like a completely unreasonable amount of time.

Brad

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Around the registry's in 80 days, truly taking the piss.

Fabulous domains that are dropped, go into a fabulous account. The second the 60 day transfer lock is up I transfer the buggers out.. can't recall every having to wait 80 or more days.

What happened, IMHO was that the owner let it drop, and then got an offer on it at SEDO or similar for a nice little wedge so went all Crouching Tiger on Fabulous to get it back, or perhaps Fabulous got on offer on it themselves.. who knows. But 80 days, that really warrants not explanation other than "getting a better offer"

I preferred it when everyone had an equal chance to catch a dropping name, ICANN should really outlaw registry retention of expired domains, its simply anti-competitive.

The whole industry need a bloody good shake up, the Internet has reached adulthood now, so its time it caught up with the rest of the us.

Fabulous.com

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey michaelp - Can you please get in touch with me directly so I can look into this? c.bell at fabulous.com

In my experience, we do not take back domains from owners.

Once I know more and have spoken to Michael I'll post again here.

-Cam

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any updates on this ?. Will be interesting to hear what happened.

DG

Fabulous.com

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on the OP to contact me guys.

Will update when I can.

-Cam

DNBA

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
80 days? thats nuts. Id be really pissed off. Its happened to me before but it was 12 days after and i really liked the domain. its funny how every competing registrar has a hold date but with netsol you can transfer it out once its in your account. Highly recommended if its registered there.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
80 days? thats nuts. Id be really pissed off. Its happened to me before but it was 12 days after and i really liked the domain. its funny how every competing registrar has a hold date but with netsol you can transfer it out once its in your account. Highly recommended if its registered there.

I want to say that there is no way at all that Fabulous.com would do anything at all unprofessional ,I have dealt with them for maybe 5 + years and they are the most honourable company I have found, plus they have the best control panel ,security etc. That is not intended as an advert but just what I have found. Sorry but Enom is different matter all together, like chalk and cheese.

duceman

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just posting to keep updated on thread

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Just posting to keep updated on thread:cool:

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why? its obvious that Fabulous returned the domain to the Registrant during whatever grace period was allowed by Fabulous.
Seriously, why more people do not know that when a domain is laterally transferred - like these NJ auction names are - most Registrars have a period of time that they will revert the Registration back to the previous Registrant... why people can't see how that can protect them as well is odd.

I can tell you, this "80 days" stuff was not 80 days after the auction... MAYBE 80 days after the expiry...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's 45 days for eNom domains.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, AFTER the auction.
hmm... 35 before + 45 after... 80 days.:cheesy:

Together

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's cases like this that causes me not to bid on a name at all if the one I want has no bids on it. Why would I raise others attention and competing bids and subject my name to "Registrar Robbery" when I can let it quietly come available again?

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

It's cases like this that causes me not to bid on a name at all if the one I want has no bids on it. Why would I raise others attention and competing bids and subject my name to "Registrar Robbery" when I can let it quietly come available again?

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why do you refer to it as "your name"?
Anytime a Registrar does a reversal like this it is to return the name to the original Registrant.
If you really understand this process, you'd realize that "Registrar Robbery" is what gives you the opportunity ti bid on the name in the first place.

It is this process that gives the ORIGINAL Registrant the equivalent of the required Redemption Period.

DNBA

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cartoonz sounds like you don't understand how the real world works. If you can convince banks and change the foreclosure process to work with your logic, I'd then could agree with you. Also please keep inmind that no one owns a domain for life because they were the first one to register the domain.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ha Ha... that's not the same thing at all.
I likely know far more about this particular process and why it has to exist than you do.
This is not MY logic, it is the process. Deal with it, it IS the real world in this scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom