Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

namewinner.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hosting3.com

namewinner.com is lately very often down....with mysql error and warning messages... :D

Domain summit 2024

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hosting3.com
namewinner.com is lately very often down....with mysql error and warning messages... :D
Yes right now to?

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Can I stop the biding if the name is renew by the owner.

I may not want the name 2 years later right?

Please advice

PrimeDNR

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmm! I am the highest bidder.

But it don't mean I need the name 1 year later, right?
I may have got the other name instead... LOL

Regards

- PD -

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah, we must be able to cancel our bid if we change our mind later. Is this possible ?

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Our SQL server has been misbehaving over the weekend. We are working hard to get it more stable.

With regards to cancelling bids:

We are going to be enhancing the systems so that bids expire if the domain is renewed or grabbed elsewhere.

We cannot give people the ability to remove their own bids before a domain drops because this encourages fraud e.g.

I create two accounts MarkA and MarkB, MarkA bids $25 on hotdomain.com with a max proxy bid of $100K, MarkB then bids $26 with a max proxy of $99K. The price is then $99K and no-one else bids as they only think hotdomain.com is worth $10K. A few minutes before I think the domain is going to drop I log in as MarkB and cancel my bid. End result, if namewinner grabs the domain I (as MarkA) gets a $10K domain for $25.

Mark......

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MarkMitford
Our SQL server has been misbehaving over the weekend. We are working hard to get it more stable.

With regards to cancelling bids:

We are going to be enhancing the systems so that bids expire if the domain is renewed or grabbed elsewhere.

We cannot give people the ability to remove their own bids before a domain drops because this encourages fraud e.g.

I create two accounts MarkA and MarkB, MarkA bids $25 on hotdomain.com with a max proxy bid of $100K, MarkB then bids $26 with a max proxy of $99K. The price is then $99K and no-one else bids as they only think hotdomain.com is worth $10K. A few minutes before I think the domain is going to drop I log in as MarkB and cancel my bid. End result, if namewinner grabs the domain I (as MarkA) gets a $10K domain for $25.

Mark......

Dear Mark

I agreed with you on some occassion.

What happen if the domain owner renew the domain after I place the bid say for 1 year. At the time I bid, I don't know that the domain will be extend for 1 more year. But it may continued to extend for years until it finally dropped. Say I am the highest bidder, I may change my mind after the owner has renew his domain or someone has grabbed the domain, right.

Say if I change my mind and namewinner grab the domain say a few days later because the time frame is short, I shall paid for it (i.e. I shall not be allowed to cancelled the bid) The protect namewinner but for a time frame of 6 months to 12 months I think it is a bit too long. For an uncertain time, it should be cancelled. As I bidder, the bid shall ended if the products is not available.

You seldom seem the bid to be effective at some day later, right.

Regards

-PD-

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well,

Here is a clear explanation for it since I do not understand the sentences like "I bidder" or "you seldom seem the bid". British should have given better grammar to HK.

Do not play "peeing contest" (trademark to SafeA$$ the British)game on namewinner since if it could grab the domain you want you need to pay the maximum bid. Set yourself a top bid limit for a name. Do not race on prices. Do not add crap to your watchlist since crap could be grabbed easily and you have to pay $25 for a crap.

This is for Mike A and Mike B: 1) Can you create more than one account for same credit card or same person (real name)? Why namewinner is so lousy and can not grab anything valuable recently? (you can send the answer with a PM to me)

Sero

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators