• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Namewinner expiration dates completely wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooMuch2AM

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
I've just added a domain to my purchase list on NameWinner. A whois reveals this:

Domain Name: xxxxx.COM
Registrar: REGISTER.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.register.com
Referral URL: http://www.register.com
Name Server: NS1.IDOMAIN.COM
Name Server: NS2.IDOMAIN.COM
Status: ACTIVE
Updated Date: 22-may-2002
Creation Date: 22-may-1998
Expiration Date: 21-may-2003

Namewinner however, think the name expires 24-FEB-07!

Almost all of the domains in my list have 'wrong' exp dates, and some domains are marked as 'EXPIRED' even though the domain is ACTIVE.

How on earth are they going to grab a domain when they can't even get the correct expiration date?

M
 
I have the same problem.
I have talked to NW about it, and the dropdate they display in the watch list doesn't affect their performance.

Don't worry
 
Cheers Icehole,

Good to hear it doesn't affect the dropcatching abililty, but ...

1. Just how hard a bug is this to fix anyway?
2. I'm getting pi**ed off having to manually check the dates to see what's dropping next.

Thanks!
Mike
 
they never get that right

I wish they'd fix it or remove it
 
Originally posted by TooMuch2AM
1. Just how hard a bug is this to fix anyway?
2. I'm getting pi**ed off having to manually check the dates to see what's dropping next.
Mike
Don't mean to sound like I'm whoring around the script, but this EXACT type of situation is what I build the FreeWho status checker for. I'll be adding a "SORT BY" feature soon to help you out on this (you be able to copy and paste your NameWinner list into the textbox right from their website, and then SORT BY "status" or "expire date"). I'll post back to this thread when that feature is in.

Namewinner should definitely have this fixed by now. Somehow I doubt they'll both "correct the date" AND "allow you to sort" anytime soon though. Hopefully they will, but with so many users, this will exponentially affect there server overhead.

Their current "status" report system really doesn't do anything for me. Maybe it's better than the "no report" that SnapNames gives (doesn't give?), then again, "nothing" may be better and less misleading than "wrong". These services are tracking so many names on a day to day basis, I have a feeling "practicality" plays something in this. Concentrating on updating the dropcatching software is probably much higher priority than making the interface it more "inuitive" and user-friendly. While inconvenient, its not in the "critical path" for competitiveness.

~ Nexus
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom