Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

NameWinner Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

uuallan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2002
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
I am trying to use the NameWinner service to bid on a Dotster-registered domain that is about to expire.

I am getting an error when I enter the domain saying that the domain was not registered by an approved registrar :-(. I e-mail their support for help, but so far I have gotten no response.

Any suggestions, or should I just give up?
 
Domain Summit 2024

Guest
What is the 'registrar' the name is listed under currently? Does the 'who is' list Dotster as the original Registrar for the name?
 

uuallan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2002
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
Originally posted by WandaMay
What is the 'registrar' the name is listed under currently? Does the 'who is' list Dotster as the original Registrar for the name?

Snippit from whois output:

Registrar: DOTSTER, INC.
Whois Server: whois.dotster.com
Referral URL: http://www.dotster.com/help/whois
Name Server: NS2.DNSBOX.NET
Name Server: NS.DNSBOX.NET
Updated Date: 05-nov-2001

and:

Registrar: Dotster (http://www.dotster.com)
Domain Name: xxxxx.xxx
Created on: 21-MAY-97
Expires on: 22-MAY-02
Last Updated on: 23-MAY-01
 

Guest
hmmm
interesting..

and when you try to reg. this very same name though say..

Register.com what happens? have you tried.. ?

has it dropp'd? or is it still held up by the registrar..

* the fact that your rec'ing a error msg. that states "This registrar is not an accredited registrar".. is worthy of deeper
investigation. 4sure.
 

uuallan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2002
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
Originally posted by WandaMay

and when you try to reg. this very same name though say..

Register.com what happens? have you tried.. ?

register.com says the domain is already registered and I cannot have it ;). It also wants to know if I want to make an anonymous offer for the domain to the owner.




has it dropp'd? or is it still held up by the registrar..

The domain hasn't expired yet, it won't until the end of May, so it has not dropped from the registrar, and it is accessible.
 

Guest
Originally posted by uuallan
I am trying to use the NameWinner service to bid on a Dotster-registered domain that is about to expire.

I am getting an error when I enter the domain saying that the domain was not registered by an approved registrar :-(. I e-mail their support for help, but so far I have gotten no response.

Any suggestions, or should I just give up?


I'de really like to see the 'who is' data on this name.

if you'de trust, and send the name in question to me by email:
[email protected] i'll research it more.
I've been conducting a study and research on Registrars, DropNames etc...

This is my public notice, that i do not want the name you desire, nor would i ever register or do a snap on it. i have never used the snap services, but i am very deep into research on this particular issue & plan to publish an e-book on the matter.

I give away more names that are 'drops'' and available then I do purchase them myself..

I'll even give you a free copy with rights to resell or give away the e-book.

Thing is, no one can really assist you with your Quest, without knowing more about the name in question.

regardless..

Goodluck to you!
msMay :)
 

Guest
Originally posted by uuallan


Snippit from whois output:

Registrar: DOTSTER, INC.
Whois Server: whois.dotster.com
Referral URL: http://www.dotster.com/help/whois
Name Server: NS2.DNSBOX.NET
Name Server: NS.DNSBOX.NET
Updated Date: 05-nov-2001

and:

Registrar: Dotster (http://www.dotster.com)
Domain Name: xxxxx.xxx
Created on: 21-MAY-97
Expires on: 22-MAY-02
Last Updated on: 23-MAY-01


this is the current data on file/record.

but what i want to archive is the past 'who is' history on
the name.

but generally, when the 'who is' makes the change.. as posted in your msg... it's close to DropN..
 

Guest
Originally posted by uuallan
I am trying to use the NameWinner service to bid on a Dotster-registered domain that is about to expire.

I am getting an error when I enter the domain saying that the domain was not registered by an approved registrar :-(. I e-mail their support for help, but so far I have gotten no response.

Any suggestions, or should I just give up?


generally within 6 days from the 'change' in the 'who is'.. is what I understand to be the case..
 

uuallan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2002
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Feedback: 0 / 0 / 0
Originally posted by WandaMay

but what i want to archive is the past 'who is' history on
the name.

I've e-mailed you the domain information, thanks for your assistance.

I am not sure how to collect archived registration information. If you can tell me how to collect it, I will be happy to do so.

Thanks again
 

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2002
Messages
4,357
Reaction score
37
Feedback: 53 / 0 / 0
I have noticed that when a domain is registered with dotster.com before it`s dropping, You can`t bid in namewinner.com.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom