Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Namewinner question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a bid in at Namewinner on a name that I ended up registering myself when it dropped this morning.

I just went in and was going to delete it from my watch list, but it will still show in my purchase list, won't it? I don't think there's a way to cancel my bid. Is there a time when Namewinner deletes names from the purchase list if the name was registered elsewhere? I'm just thinking if I let this name drop a year from now, I don't want Namewinner grabbing it back for me. :)

Or maybe with the approval of WLS Namewinner will be out of business in a year anyway... which would be too bad.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jalapeno
I'm just thinking if I let this name drop a year from now, I don't want Namewinner grabbing it back for me. :)

lol, this would be a very funny situation. See what your karma does to you when you reg a name manually? :D

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bad karma, eh? And I thought I was doing a "good thing" by saving $16. :laugh:

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of a .info LR2 situation when I reserved a name before the round robin for $100 with one registrar, and afterwards realized it was a very silly name indeed.

Not wanting to eventually pay $100 for the name, I then set about finding lower-cost registrars to try and reduce my potential loss, lol

Because I had so many reservations out there for the name, I eventually bagged it, hehe. But for only $24, so I made a profit :)

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have discussed this issue with Namewinner on several occasions. They have no mechanism for clearing out the deadwood in your purchase list. However, since the name is not available, you have nothing to worry about. Just ignore the situation. I have dozens of such names in my purchase list.

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okey doke, then I'll worry not. I hope to still be using it at this time next year, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom