Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Need an Escrow Service? Use Moniker!

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These guys are fast and are most likely the best around. The support with competition is NIL. You have no way around not communicating with anyone in Moniker. The CEO actually does the escrow transaction with you. LoL How much better can it get? Basically it's a first class escrow service.

Unfortunately I had a fallout with a con artist who scammed me> Luckily Moniker did the reversal for free (which they did not have to do). The competition would have basically said tough luck and move on.

Moniker.com - My escrow money will now go with these guys.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jeff said:
The support with competition is NIL.

Not true.

Maybe you are not familiar with the competing services?

Or maybe that was your *personal* experience with the competing services?

I hate to see people or companies being knocked unfairly.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dotNetKing said:
Not true.

Maybe you are not familiar with the competing services?

Or maybe that was your *personal* experience with the competing services?

I hate to see people or companies being knocked unfairly.
Actually they're cheaper than Sedo. I believe their fees for escrow are very fair and definitely a steal with all the interaction they provide. Also Moniker knows how to do escrow the right way as they're also a domain registrar. If something bad happens they can take it in his own hands.

They're definitely better than escrow.com in terms of support. Escrow.com may be cheaper but they are not a registrar. I even called them before with a problem and all their answers had nothing to do with my question.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jeff said:
They're definitely better than escrow.com in terms of support.

I did start getting problems with escrow.com and human intervention is definitely kept to a minimum with them. OK if there are no problems, but not so good when there are problems.

I've actually shifted almost all my escrow transactions to sedo now. They give a personal/human service and I've found them very responsive and helpful. It's pleasant working with them.

I haven't used Moniker for escrow, but it sounds like they are excellent.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will be using Moniker for my escrow only because I 100% see how excellent they handle my domains.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would ad, Moniker is the only safe Escrow for both - seller and buyer. Because they do Escrow on BOTH parts of the Ecrow - money AND the domain. One party send them money another party send them domain to their accounts. After they have both, they send the money to the seller, but keep the domain ownership (the buyer, of course, can change DNS immediately) for 2 month.

Some thread about Moniker Escrows:
http://www.dnforum.com/f167/someone-screwed-me-escrow-warning-re-escrow-com-94050.html

escrow.com is big risk for he buyer
afternic escrow is bog risk for the seller

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
I would ad, Moniker is the only safe Escrow for both - seller and buyer. Because they do Escrow on BOTH parts of the Ecrow - money AND the domain. One party send them money another party send them domain to their accounts. After they have both, they send the money to the seller, but keep the domain ownership (the buyer, of course, can change DNS immediately) for 2 month.

Some thread about Moniker Escrows:
http://www.dnforum.com/f167/someone-screwed-me-escrow-warning-re-escrow-com-94050.html

escrow.com is big risk for he buyer
afternic escrow is bog risk for the seller

How is escrow.com a big risk for buyer? I always felt it was a risk to the seller because the buyer could receive name then transfer whois and claim it never was delivered.

BTW, what are moniker's fees?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
phineasphog said:
How is escrow.com a big risk for buyer?

Simply don`t transfer the domain to buyer, I mean only change whois info and that should do it.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
Simply don`t transfer the domain to buyer, I mean only change whois info and that should do it.

BINGO !

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right. But that tactic applies equally to either side.

I once had a buyer who insisted that the name be transfered to his register.com account. Like a fool I complied. Now he really wasn't out to scam me, he was just uninformed about domains and the industry and thought that he could depend on register.com. Well it turned out that (as usual) they screwed it up. The whois didn't reflect the transfer for almost a month. Until it did escrow.com would not release the funds. This caused some very sore feelings on both side.

Imagine if your "buyer" turns out to be a scammer (and I'm sure more than one scammer will soon read this post with salient interest). You guys get the picture? In time escrow.com may just assume that you the seller did not comply with the terms and rebate the "buyers" funds - assuming of course that the funds were legitimate (hey, maybe he can work both ends! get a domain AND 5000 bucks for free)

Now I would never allow a transfer to another registrar. I always set up a new eNom account for the acquiring entity and do a push. Before I even tell them its been pushed and the login info I inform escrow and ask them to observe that it has been changed. Once they see that I tell the buyer, give them the keys and ask them to confirm with escrow.

Of course this would all be much simpler if in fact the whole thing was handled as a true escrow, which is what it sounds like moniker is offering. So my hats off to Monte. Now why didn't he set this up 5 years ago?

DomainEngineer

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Being in the domains for many years now, I can say that moniker is a trustworthy company especially Monte.

I remember few years ago (when domain registration prices used to be very high) Monte told me that they had a special deal from netsol and I can get $5/domain and boom..............I sent $5000 for 1000 domains.

Next day Monte called me home and said the deal had actually expired and they don't have the $5/domain deal any more. He appologized for the mess-up and told me that my money will be refunded quickly.

Within 2 days, I had my 5000 dollars back.

Even though I haven't done many transactions using moniker, but I know Monte is a credible person and going back to the original post: yes...I believe Monte is very well suited to handle domainers' transactions.

Just wanted to share my personal experience.

Thanks.

Reaction score
We have actually been doing escrow since 1999 on very large domain transactions. We just decided to make it available to all as escrow.com is not a domain company. Their system is set up for merchandise not domains. They cannot control the change of ownership of a domain name as we can as a registrar and a domain escrow agent.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom