Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Need C&D advice for generic .info

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudeinva

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just received my first C&D letter via e-mail. The domain in question is a generic.info (PM me if you want to knwo what it is). The generic word could mean a particular type of person. It is also the name of a wheel chair product. The company visited my parked page and saw a link to wheel chairs that went to a competitor's site. The other links were non-related. The domain has made all of $.19 parked for two years I've had it. It doesn't seem worth it to hold on, even though this is an obvious bullying tactic. Any opinions on how to respond?

Domain Summit 2024

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you do not care the domain create another account with same registrar, put some fake name + address, push it into the account and ignore it.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you do not care the domain create another account with same registrar, put some fake name + address, push it into the account and ignore it.

would this get you in trouble doing this?
i mean if actually went to wipo would they look at all prevous whois etc and assume maybe some shenaigans or would they just give to claimant and nothing they could do

not asking u denny as ur banned again :smilewinkgrin:

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is the worst advice ever - cyber fleeing is tell tale sign of bad faith

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the worst advice ever - cyber fleeing is tell tale sign of bad faith

i agree 100%
but can they prove the new registrant, joe bloggs is the ex registrant, thats the interesting hypothetical question. as it may be easier for him to let expire.
yes of course better to just give them domain, but sometimes solicitors would want you to sign xyz and sign life away also and people are intimidated by solicitors and threats and legal jargon and cant afford advice

on a side note, i wonder how many udrps our denny has had lol

btw, to o/p, how did u get on in end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom