Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Need experienced oscommerce person

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNetCode

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I need someone who knows how to fix errors within oscommerce script. Please contact me via PM and I can show you the errors and you can give me price for fixing the errors. Will pay via paypal.

Thanks,

Kevin

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess the first question that would pop up would be, why are there errors?

Did you modify the script yourself and break something? Add a mod that caused issues? Or were these issues there upon installation?

TheNetCode

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DNGeeks said:
I guess the first question that would pop up would be, why are there errors?

Did you modify the script yourself and break something? Add a mod that caused issues? Or were these issues there upon installation?

The issues popped up when I transferred the account from a cpanel server of mine to a plesk panel server using the plesk migration manager. The script worked fine on my cpanel server, but has not worked correctly on my plesk server.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PM me..I am very very familiar with OSC and also plesk.

TheNetCode

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Allready checked the paths and they were changed allready because of the difference between plesk and cpanel.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only other issue I can imagine right away would be permissions.

TheNetCode

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DNGeeks said:
The only other issue I can imagine right away would be permissions.

Nope permissions are set where they are supposed to be. It is saying that the paths do not exist.

Mark Bolyard

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the PM. What did you use to upload the site to the plesk server? (FTP Program). How are you checking the permissions, through your ftp program, or through your file manager in plesk? This is in fact either a permissions error or path error. I have read some issues about ftp programs not actually changing permissions on servers running plesk.

Try getting phpinfo and running it on your server to see what the correct paths are. Also check the config file under includes/configure.php directory and the admin/includes/configure.php for correct paths.

TheNetCode

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Felix said:
Thanks for the PM. What did you use to upload the site to the plesk server? (FTP Program). How are you checking the permissions, through your ftp program, or through your file manager in plesk? This is in fact either a permissions error or path error. I have read some issues about ftp programs not actually changing permissions on servers running plesk.

Try getting phpinfo and running it on your server to see what the correct paths are. Also check the config file under includes/configure.php directory and the admin/includes/configure.php for correct paths.

The site was migrated using plesk migration manager. I checked the permissions using my ftp like had with cpanel before. Didnt know that plesk has issues like this. Not familiar phpinfo but will learn it now.

Thanks,

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom