Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Need help to catch a .in domain

aditya717

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been following a domain for longtime which had its whois as pending delete and then someone just got it registered last night when the 30 days plus the 5 days time got over. i was trying but slept had no idea when exactly it would be available..

what i want to ask is - is there any way to back-order .in domains?

I have done a lot of search and it says there is no option for back-order but one has to wait till the domain would get delete and then register. are there any software or system which can do a cron job and keep searching if the domain has been available or anyway to find the exact time when the domain would get delete and will be available for new registration?
indian registry for .in domain is registry.in

Please if someone can help me with any links, software or share their knowledge would be a great help to me.

Cheers,

Adi

Domain summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I know that some registrars offer dropcatching services for ccTLDs including .in. That kind of service is not always advertised openly.
It could be that the domain you have been tracking was caught by such a registrar. You could have a look at the whois record for that particular domain, identify the registrar, look up on their website for information on backorders, then contact them.

Maybe it was a manual registration, then look at the registry whois, it has not only the date but also the time of registration. Compare with other recently caught domains, then you should be able to figure out the release time for dropping domains, if it's consistent and predictable.

aditya717

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi,

thanks for the help! i am trying the dropcatch software as well other things, i feel so sad if i would have done this thread before i might have got that name, was on it for last 35 days..

as its been already been registered the domain was onlinecoupons.in

Thanks

Adi

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The registrar is Dynadot:

Code:
Created On:09-Aug-2015 20:00:32 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Dynadot LLC (R117-AFIN)
Also, look at the creation time.
And: https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/what-is-backorder

I suspect that the guy (name sounds familiar, must be a domainer), used the Dynadot API to catch the name.

dynadot

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the .IN registry does not allow backorders otherwise we would definitely offer .IN backorders. It is really up to the registries to decide whether or not to allow this and some ccTLDs certainly do allow it, just not .IN. Our best recommendation for you would be to check the Whois of the domain to see who the owner is and then contact them directly to see if they're willing to sell the domain.

As Katherine mentioned, the domain is registered with us and the owner is not using our privacy service, so you can see their email listed in Dynadot's Whois here: https://www.dynadot.com/domain/whois.html?domain=onlinecoupons.in. You can also use a domain watch list to keep an eye on the domain's status. For example, Dynadot's domain watch list will tell you when a domain goes from registered to unregistered: https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/what-is-watch-list.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators