• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Need your help on an offer I have

Status
Not open for further replies.

catchiedomains

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2006
Messages
206
Reaction score
0
I have been contacted by a group called Opera Engineering/Opera Software to buy one of my domains, we have agreed on price subject to an apprasial of which they insist I use Allfordomains.com for the apprasial.

I have not sold a domain before, I am satisified with the agreed price but have no desire to get screwed.

Have any of you had a dealing with either the potential purchaser or the named apprasier? Thanks for any help.
 
Thats scammers. Stay away from tham.
 
The buyer should pay for any appraisal if they want it. This is a scam though...after you buy the appraisal, they will then tell you they will try to sell your name and that it will take a couple of months to find the right buyer. I received a similar e-mail (from some "engineering" type company) and responded by telling them that they can put in an offer on Sedo or afternic Who both can provide them with their needed appraisal. I never heard from them again.
 
They send out 10's of thousands of these emails, they are affiliated with the appraissal company thats how they make there money, on paid apraissals
 
They aren't interested in your domain, they want you to pay for an appraisal at allfordomains.com (which they own).
 
Just ignore the scammers and put up your name for sale at a reputable service like sedo or afternic
 
Its a big scam and following are people involved:
* Scammer: operaen.com
* Beneficiary: SoftForces - allfordomains.com
* Payment: emetrix.com
 
I get these emails on a regular basis, all purporting to be from opera engineering.. but the CEO is always a different name, but always has a PHD :)

Stay clear of any spam you receive that insist on an appraisal.. Tell them you will sell but if they want an appraisal they can go get one themselves..
 
ive never got one of these scam emails

i feel unloved
 
Well, surely you arennt wishing for them? lol, those scammers never do learn, do they?
 
Never fall for appraisal scam.....never.

You are the seller and you set the price.....domain appraisals are worthless.

I always tell buyers who want appraisal to get it done themselves and I still want what I want for the domain.

Just my 2 cents.
 
I got one too. I was pumped for a while but wondered why the president of Opera software was personally buying domains. I checked email headers and saw it came from Russia. Looked a little further and saw it originally came from a dialup server in Russia. Ask yourself the odds that the president of Opera Software (located in Finland) is using a dialup connection in Russia for buying domains.

We probably should spend a little effort and get these guys shut-down. Likely they’re using an ISP. Plus I’m pretty sure fraud is illegal in most countries. :) Opera may also want to know their name is being sullied. I can provide the email headers if anyone has the time/inclination to run these turkeys down.

Cheers,
BidNo
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom