• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed .net (IDN.net)

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B3n

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
255
Reaction score
0
"国际域名" means "international domain name", or "IDN" in chinese. I think it fits the net extension quite well.

Any good?
 
international domain name is 国际化域名
国际域名 is com net org and so on
 
I get "国际域名" to translate to "international domain name", but "国际化域名" to "internationalization domain name". 8-)g
 
国际化域名 is "Internationalized Domain name" 100% sure on translation. The other one is as you say... as to any good... I don't think so... 国际化域名 would mostly be used in online articles or a registrar... mot sure how many people would search it in the long form instead of as "IDN"wait for ie7 and see :-)
 
The big problem is that is what we domainers call them. The Chinese I believe just call them "Chinese Domains" whilst the Japanese call them "Japanese Domains".

By and large the impact on the domestic domaining scenes in both countries are going to be so great the full International perspective stands to be largely ingored. Even in the west I think we should regard IDN as fairly temporary terminology. I think as the infrastructure develops and IDN are increasingly accepted I believe that the terminology will largely be dropped. Punycode is just one more layer of encodement on top of thick strata of encodement. The general public will not be interested in the technical details of how these things work, they just accept them and use as and when they are applicable to their needs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom