Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.net "Olympic" 343K JP OT , 222 US OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blah blah blah... Here's an idea guy. Start a seperate discussion thread and point the url to this thread. You can preach from your soapbox there. Oh to late for that. YOU ARE GIVING NOTHING BUT YOUR OPINION! You are the Hypocrite!

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NostraDomainus said:
lol @ the Pot calling the Kettle black!

Coming from you Sarcle, that's rich.
Don't mind sarcle... He uses this behavior on everyone and thinks he brings a point across ;)....

Sarcle do you understand? OK "guy", The first post says Olympics - I think anyone can figure out by doing their HW whether or not to buy it. It is known worldwide as a TM. If they still want to buy it let them! It has been across multiple times already what the true meaning of olympics is... Relax, go outside and get a nice blast of fresh air. Jeez

Back to the sale!

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jeff, I think that Sarcle is talking about Nostra's comments.

YES! Back to the sale...amen.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now you are talking to yourself:

Sarcle said:
Start a seperate discussion thread and point the url to this thread. You can preach from your soapbox there. Oh to late for that. YOU ARE GIVING NOTHING BUT YOUR OPINION! You are the Hypocrite!

LOL - TF when you did all this first and jumped other peoples threads first, just TF - lol.

Why didn't you start a seperate Thread to comment on the State of IDN Sales here at DNF rather jump peoples threads and give unwanted comments even after being asked not too?

Until you answer that, once again, you are by far the now even bigger hypocrite.

Again you can offer no proof of the Rule that says everyone wants to hear you opinion, and thus have no ground to stand on.

I have shown the rule which is being broken, for which the rule is made by DNF, and is not my 'opinion', but it's flattering to think you believe I make the rules here, but FYI, I don't - another lost argument of yours.

As I said Sarcle, coming from you this is rich!

Maybe your memory leaves you to forget you posted multiple comments in this thread (among others) long before I did posted anything - just scroll back, you will see, as much as everyone is fully aware of it already - and then take your own advice, and go start your own Thread - just TF.

PS: Thanks Jeff for:

"Sarcle do you understand? The first post says Olympics - I think anyone can figure out by doing their HW whether or not to buy it. It is known worldwide as a TM. If they still want to buy it let them!"

I am not the only one to agree - not my fault people get upset for breaking forum rules and can't explain - don't shoot the messenger. ;-)

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Again, guy I'm not the one on my pedestal talking in circles about how there shouldn't be comments in sales threads. YOU ARE! If your so concerned about this then start your own thread. I am not. I don't care one way or another.

P.S. And Jeff isn't it time to go get in a tizzy with someone over something you took wrong. :thumb:

Olney

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hate to bust in here but the term is Olympic
It's also a popular chain of stores in Tokyo.
Mainly sporting Goods.

Named

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NostraDomainus said:
(I am still waiting for Named to answer the same.)

Nostra, stop posting long rambling spam messages on this thread.

Now back to Olympic. This mark is not only protected by Trademark laws, it is portected by special laws designed to protect it, as the owners and sponsors are deep pocketed, and will do anything to get them passed. A little research reveals the following.

Protecting the Olympic heritage
Dec 19 2005 As other Olympic host countries in the past, Italy has also approved a law to protect the Torino 2006 trademarks. The Parliament heeded the IOC’s request to protect the intellectual heritage of the XX Olympic Winter Games and consequently the sponsors who invested in this great event. According to the new law, only TOROC, IOC and other authorised organisations shall be allowed to use the Olympic trademark, terms and symbols in all forms in communications and for selling products until 31 December 2006. Transgressors will be fined from one thousand to one hundred thousand euros.
http://www.torino2006.org/ENG/OlympicGames/news/news_ita150377.html?monitor=102005

China uncovers over 100 Olympic trademark violations
According to a Xinhua News Report, Liu claimed that in 2002 alone, Beijing removed 270,000 offending symbols and over 600 billboards using the symbol illegally, and banned the use of “Welcome Olympics” Advertisements on 67,000 taxis. Last year, the day after Beijing's Olympic Committee Symbol was announced, related departments in Beijing immediately banned all T-shirts with fake Beijing Olympic Symbols to prevent them from spreading.
http://asianresearch.org/articles/2036.html

Olympic trademark cops gone too far?
VANCOUVER -- A Vancouver city councillor is stepping into the battle between a pizza parlour and 2010 Olympic officials over the pizzeria's 15-year-old restaurant sign. Coun. Jim Green said he plans to ask city staff to protect small businesses from overzealous 2010 copyright police.
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/WinnipegSun/Business/2004/11/01/695430.html
http://www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/ctyclerk/cclerk/20041104/csbmins.htm

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Title has been changed to reflect actual term.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This IDN is still available!

BIN set to $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators