Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.net "Olympic" 343K JP OT , 222 US OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
godfrey90sf said:
I would appreciate it if you wouldn't post these types of comments in my Thread. I never asked for your opinion/appraisal. Thanks.

Many terms are Trademarked that you would not think would be..many IDNs that have recently sold are TM'd:

"Tokyo"

Proprietor: Tokyo Industries Limited
57 Roscoe Street,Oldham,OL1 1EA

Iwaki

Applicant: Iwaki Glass Company, Limited
50-1, Gyouda 1-chome, Funabashi City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan

Fetish

Applicant: FINANZ ST. HONORÉ B.V.
470 Oakhill Road, Mountaintop, Pennsylvania, United States of America, 18707-2112

You can find a trademark for just about everything. This domain name has huge overture. TM'd domains sell for X,XXX-XX,XXX every week and are posted on DNjournal!

You can't deny the overture, returns and popularity of this IDN.
They are TM'd in diff classes..... maybe like Tokyo Window Manufacturers etc which means if you have Tokyobar.com u are ok.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have never marketed it as the "Olympics", or the "Olympic Games", however, I did put OLYMPICS in the title. When I registered this IDN I was under the impression that it did mean "Olympics."

The dictionary does return this translation as "Olympic" not "Olympics", meaning the TM issue doesn't exist.

オリンピック (n) Olympic; (P); EP

$5,000 firm.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not going to lower the BIN of this premium IDN! Just take a look at the overture and returns! Better stats than Tokyo!

The TM issue is resolved.

Don't be afraid to purchase!

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definition According to Answers:

O·lym·pic (ō-lĭm'pĭk)
adj.
Of or relating to the Olympic Games.

You are "skating" on very thin ice here. Making such claims as no tm issues. People are trying to help you and to make all of these claims while most are telling you it's wrong is only making people lose trust in you.

Mods these sayings clear do conflict with current trademarks

The TM issue is resolved.

Don't be afraid to purchase!

These are misleading statements and to some extent outright wrong. I am asking that this thread be shut down.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see that in your post you only give one definition from the dictionary.

You leave out the post that supports my claim don't you?

Here is the actual definition:

olympic

adj 1: of or relating to the Olympic Games; "Olympic winners" [syn: Olympic]

2: of the region of Olympia in Greece or its inhabitants; "Olympian plain

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Listen here's a tip.

Saying buyer is to own due diligence is one thing.

Saying there are no possible tm issues is another when there is.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This word has two definitions. One meaning "relating to the Olympic Games", and the other meaning "steming from Greek times, from Olympia". I'm not trying to scam anyone.

And frankly I could care less if you trust me or not. I just recently joined DNF, and I have been in the DN business for awhile. Why didn't I join earlier? Because people don't like DNs that they don't own.

Am I going to be at a loss because you think that I do not have credability? No. I have over 500 regular clients and they do trust me.

For any other buyers, I will be MORE than happy to provide references upon request.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really don't care guy. You have stated that there are no possible trademark issues for the word "olympic" Doing a trademark search reveals 205 results for the word "olympic" There are tm issues!

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From the IDN "commentary" I've seen recently - it only looks bad on all domainers to apparently jealously bicker and accuse others under the guise of self-righteous defence of the domaining business world as a whole.

I believe this is the "IDN Domains for sale" section - not the "Unaquainted IDN 'help' section".

DNF Rule:

NO COMMENTS IN SALES! - Only questions pertaining to the sale at hand.

Whether Mods break this rule or not, it's worse to know you are breaking it yourself and continue to do so for your own gain.

If you do not want the domain, then do not buy it - but get off your high horses to think you are doing good here by interfering in this sale.

I apologize Godfrey for this Post - Best Success in All Your Endeavours!

If anything, Mods, please delete my Post, hand out Warnings where warranted, and clean this Thread.

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NostraDomainus said:
From the IDN "commentary" I've seen recently - it only looks bad on all domainers to apparently jealously bicker and accuse others under the guise of self-righteous defence of the domaining business world as a whole.

I believe this is the "IDN Domains for sale" section - not the "Unaquainted IDN 'help' section".

DNF Rule:

NO COMMENTS IN SALES! - Only questions pertaining to the sale at hand.

Whether Mods break this rule or not, it's worse to know you are breaking it yourself and continue to do so for your own gain.

If you do not want the domain, then do not buy it - but get off your high horses to think you are doing good here by interfering in this sale.

I apologize Godfrey for this Post - Best Success in All Your Endeavours!

If anything, Mods, please delete my Post, hand out Warnings where warranted, and clean this Thread.

Actually, this is going to make DNF at the losing end, because buyers will soon move to other forums once they know the domains on sale here are not reliable.

What is required is to appoint a moderator with IDN knowledge to police scam and misrep sales. IDN is feast ground for scammers and dishonest sellers since many people are new to it, and especially when dealing with foriegn languages.

Already, people on ebay have been conned several thousands buying useless domains, so we need to have measures to prevent that from happening on DNF.

If there's a moderator that can do that, there is no need for us people to make comments.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Alright the guys been attacked enough..

He did say in the first post that it is Olympics and オリンピック. So whoever reads this thread will know its a TM . That being said let the guy sell his name... The buyers have all the info they need to make a decision. PPL should also know there is no plural/singular difference in japanese.

touchring

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jeff said:
Alright the guys been attacked enough..

He did say in the first post that it is Olympics and オリンピック. So whoever reads this thread will know its a TM . That being said let the guy sell his name... The buyers have all the info they need to make a decision. PPL should also know there is no plural/singular difference in japanese.

Actually, i didn't know the olympics is a trademark. I thought that game has been played since 2000 years ago and so can't be a trademark.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
touchring said:
...this is going to make DNF at the losing end...

You got that right - but because of a lack of integrity and respect for the forum rules, whether it be scam sellers or disrespectful thread jumpers or otherwise.

touchring said:
If there's a moderator that can do that, there is no need for us people to make comments.

There is no need for anyone to make comments (I am no better here stooping to this level) as it's against DNF Rules, as much as DNF Rules state:

If the user does not respond the way you want, go ahead and post the facts in the people to avoid section. Make sure if you post about another dnf member that you can back it up.

So again, no matter how righteous one believes they are to break the above rules, they are not. "2 bad faiths dont make a good" ~ Anon.

I believe it would be in DNF's best interest to apply the rules as much as provide a forum for people to "Discuss IDNs", as everyone clearly knows (despite their contempt), Sales threads are not the place for it.

Moderators - this seems to be an ongoing issue here at DNF - would someone please weight in with DNFs perspective and decision whether this trend is indeed acceptable or not?

If it is, then I apologize - and let the "unaquainted commentary/verbal diarrhea" flow!

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are multiple "Olympic(s)" domain names that are registered in English with TL extensions. Olympics.us has been registered by a private party since 2004. If the Olympics are so apt in pursuing what they think are TMVs, then these domain names would have been the FIRST to go. The Japanese version is the last on their list. The .com of the Japanese version is also registered to a private party.

I think that this entire thread was blown up into something that it shouldn't have become. It's easy to see the value of this domain name. The Overture, returns and potential traffic show us this.

We all look at DNjournal.com every Tuesday.

Recent sales of TMVs:

CharlesScwabb.com
NBAjam.com
vh1overdrive.com
Visa.org

And so on..we all see them.

Named

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NostraDomainus said:

Hey Nostra, in every one of these threads you attempt to flip constructive comments into some kind of personal thing. Get this: It's NOT personal, the discussion has nothing to do with jealousy or other issues. Please pay attention to the technical issues that are being discussed on their own merits, and leave your speculation about personal feelings of domainers out of it.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Named said:
Hey Nostra, in every one of these threads you attempt to flip constructive comments into some kind of personal thing. Get this: It's NOT personal, the discussion has nothing to do with jealousy or other issues. Please pay attention to the technical issues that are being discussed on their own merits, and leave your speculation about personal feelings of domainers out of it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Nostra is the ACLU of domainers here. Just pay attention to the facts, thats whats important!

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Named said:

LOL @ your Righteous "constructive comments" - lol - now that's funny.

EX: "I don't care if you're from Mars. You shouldn't post that kind of crap in this forum."

EX: "shows that the intention is infringement"

Yeah - sounds real 'constructive' doesn't it? What Threads are you reading? lol

If you have exact examples of where I "attempt to flip constructive comments into some kind of personal thing" then please state them, elsewise it is just another opininated "constructive comment" which does nothing to support what you say. (FYI... Unwanted and unsupported comments are not constructive, they are just personal opinions.)

And when the Thread starter says:

"I would appreciate it if you wouldn't post these types of comments in my Thread. I never asked for your opinion/appraisal. Thanks."

... it doesn't matter how "constructive" you, or others, think they are being - no one wants to hear your subjective 2 cents worth - it's even embedded in forum rules not to Comment where your Comments are not welcome - so again, get off your high horse, you are not helping anyone, and yes, it truly does make you look jealous - whether you think so or not.

EX: "People are trying to help you" - again, refer to Thread Starters request.

If you wanna help Thread Starter, PM him/her, as per Forum Rules.

So listen to your own words Named, "Please pay attention to the technical issues" - technically speaking, no one wants to hear your "Technical Issues" (with merit or not) - it's just that simple. What is it about that you can not understand?

As like your "constructive comments", other people have them too, all just as valid as you believe yours are. To believe you are all knowing and all seeing and always right and have all the facts is the most laughable idea.

I am not saying what the Thread starter is saying is right or wrong - but as per Forum Rules, it's not your job to go around and say you respresent all that is right in domain names - cuz news flash, you don't - no one does.

While you make an argument for doing good, by disrespecting Forum rules, you do not but make the opposite argument - when breaking such rules, there is no need to speculate about personal feelings, just go and read how emotional people are to feel they have to disrespect forum rules to get their personal feelings across about something no one asked them to comment on in the first place.

If there is true injustice going on and the Thread Starter is breaking forum rules, such as making false sales claims, then click the little "R" Button in the bottom left-hand corner under your Forum name and avatar and submit a report outlining your facts proving otherwise - and as per forum rules, post their name in the section about People not to do Business with - have you done this since you are so sure of your accusations??

Elsewise, ask the Thread starter questions of clarification or PM them directly to debate the merits of the claims, but do not jump in and claim they are wrong when you don't even present clear evidence to the contrary beyond some opinion no one wanted in the first place. Again, it's just that simple.

...and if I could ask you this:

Please show everyone where in DNF Rules it says your so called "constructive comments" is wanted in other peoples sales threads??

Until you can prove unaquainted opinions are wanted in other peoples sales threads, nothing anyone says is valid, technical or not - it's just that simple.

If you feel you have some proven facts beyond just the opinions you have provided which you would like to discuss further, then please feel free to PM anytime, as I look forward to talking with any educated domainers about domaining matters within the respect of the Forum and doin good business.

Until such time, have a good day.

PS: bwhhisc - What facts? Fact is beyond breaking Forum Rules, nothing else matters. I guess your claim to the facts makes you the ACLU of facts? tf - but thanks for trying.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know for someone that doesn't like talking in someone elses thread you sure do a lot of it. You are getting NOTHING across. You are the problem that you are trying to tear down. Good luck with that. Hypocrite

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sarcle said:
You know for someone that doesn't like talking in someone elses thread you sure do a lot of it. You are getting NOTHING across. You are the problem that you are trying to tear down. Good luck with that. Hypocrite
lol @ the Pot calling the Kettle black!

Coming from you Sarcle, that's rich.

2 things that make your Post outdated and pointless:

1) I already admitted that I am no better for posting what I do than others who do the same - but I'd rather be a hypocrite in breaking the rules to defend them, as clearly written in the DNF Rules sections, than be a hypocrite in breaking the forum rules in an attempt to personally gain some righteous self-anointed recognition to being Lord of IDN - which no one is.

2) Before I ever brought recognition to yours, and others, disrespect of the Forum, you, and others, were greatly disrespecting the Fourm long before, even with recent examples from the "Please read" thread in this Sales Section where you go on to comment about a Please read Thread only to then tell someone:

"how about we have these discussions in a more appropriate area. This is a FOR SALE forum. Your obviously not getting anything. this is all a besides the point. "

When it reality - you are talking to yourself as the ultimate Hypocrite!

Even after the person points this out themselves, it's funny how you have no retort to it - knowing it is true?

And once again in this incident, same thing - you are only calling yourself a hypocrite, as much as I have previously stated I was being one for doing the same - but thank's for regurgitating it again!

Another small difference Sarcle: As much as I apologized to the Thread Starter about my post, they said they were fine with my comments, as much as they have stated to you and others to not post your unwanted comments in their thread - when have you ever apologized for your unwanted Post Sarcle?

Until you do - you have no ground to stand on to call anyone else a hypocrite - just allows you to keep standing out as one yourself.

I truly do not understand why outstanding members of DNF continue to believe they can do what they want in disrespecting the Forum only to believe they have the right to do so based on their own wants and desires, regardless of being clearly against forum rules in doing so.

No matter how much you think you are right, if someone doesn't want your opinion - then they don't want your opinion.

...and if I could ask you this:

Please show everyone where in DNF Rules it says your opinion is wanted in other peoples sales threads??

(I am still waiting for Named to answer the same.)

In case you didn't catch it in my above Post, I'll say it again:

If you feel you have some proven facts beyond just the opinions you have provided which you would like to discuss further, then please feel free to PM anytime, as I look forward to talking with any educated domainers about domaining matters within the respect of the Forum and doin good business.

Until such time, have a good day, and thank you for further proving my point.

Best Success in All Your Endeavours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom