• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed .net - single letter greek character domain

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctc

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 1, 2002
Messages
348
Reaction score
0
Ω.net (upper case) or ω.net (lower case). [ punycode : xn--bya.net ]

Greek Letter Ω = OMEGA definition from wiki "Omega (Ω ω) is the 24th and last letter of the Greek alphabet. In the Greek numeric system it had a value of 800. The word literally means "big O" (ō mega, mega meaning 'big'), as opposed to Omicron, which means "little O" (o mikron, micron meaning 'little').[1] This name is Byzantine; in Classical Greek, the letter was called ō whereas the Omicron was called ou."

Looking for appraisals
thanks
ctc
 
this must be a nice domain according to my appraisal.
 
if u have this then its tooooooo hot..........

probably the best idn i have seen ;-)
 
saatmarket said:
where you reg this domain?
when IDN first came out...years ago, i think i registered it at Netsol. then i transfered it

kiviniar said:
if u have this then its tooooooo hot..........

probably the best idn i have seen ;-)

I do have it.
thanks for your opinion :)
 
I have not idea what it is worth in terms of dollars or euros, but I think it is a really great domain.
 
ctc said:
Ω.net (upper case) or ω.net (lower case). [ punycode : xn--bya.net ]

Greek Letter Ω = OMEGA definition from wiki "Omega (Ω ω) is the 24th and last letter of the Greek alphabet. In the Greek numeric system it had a value of 800. The word literally means "big O" (ō mega, mega meaning 'big'), as opposed to Omicron, which means "little O" (o mikron, micron meaning 'little').[1] This name is Byzantine; in Classical Greek, the letter was called ō whereas the Omicron was called ou."

Looking for appraisals
thanks
ctc

Very cool domain name! I'm very impressed and slightly in awe... You definitely win the most unique domain name award in my book - in fact, I've never seen anything like it. I would estimate it to be worth at the very least x,xxx. If I had this one I think it would be hard for me to give it up! Was the .com already taken when you registered it? Just curious.
 
~Kingpin~ said:
Was the .com already taken when you registered it? Just curious.

Yes unfortunately i had just missed it :)
 
ctc said:
when IDN first came out...years ago, i think i registered it at Netsol. then i transfered it

Congrats - very nice name indeed!

Do you have any stats you can share?

Has traffic shown an increase in recent months?

Seems like IDN popularity has had huge growth lately and I was just wondering if such a domain shared a similar pattern.

Thanks for your comments.

Best Success in All Your Endeavours!
 
Looks nice to me too, but can´t find both letters on my keyboard (German)
The omega would be nice for electricians for it means OHM (resistance)
regards
good luck
René
:drum:
 
NostraDomainus said:
Congrats - very nice name indeed!

Has traffic shown an increase in recent months?

Yes it has tremendously esspecially last month. I think due to IE7 beta

DomainTradeCenter said:
but can´t find both letters on my keyboard (German)

I dont know anything about the german keyboard. Try intalling the greek language or try using the symbol.
 
Hi ctc,

I am sorry to tell you that the name
has a very definite TM issue...

I just discovered an EU trademark for
this domain under COMMUNITY TRADE
MARK E2225126. It looks like they
regged it back in 05/01.

The registrant is Omega Engineering,
based in Connecticut.

Regards
 
Hi ctc,

I am sorry to tell you that the name
has a very definite TM issue...

omega and it's various variations are very popular as trademarks, for a lot of very different services and products across many jurisdictions. the fact that this particular omega variation - the greek letter - is commonly used as a symbol/abbreviations will definitely not make it easy to prevent others from using it... anyway, the trademarks do not necessarily mean that there should be any problems related to this domain.

back on topic: cool domain and definitely valuable, should be worth a considerable amount to the right buyer.
 
omega and it's various variations is very popular as a trademarkQUOTE]

Yes, I realise that the symbol itself is
widely used in trademarks. What I am
saying, however, is that a trademark
exists that is exactly the same as the
owner's domain name (incl. the tld).

I haven't checked the US TM d/base
but the fact that a European TM exists
may well mean that the domain can not
be used anywhere (incl. the US).
 
Hi ctc,

I am sorry to tell you that the name
has a very definite TM issue...

I just discovered an EU trademark for
this domain under COMMUNITY TRADE
MARK E2225126. It looks like they
regged it back in 05/01.

The registrant is Omega Engineering,
based in Connecticut.

Regards

Thanks appreciate the heads up....

but...omega engineering is not the only company called omega...

"ω" is not a unique symbol that they created for thelselves...its an international character/letter that belongs to the greek alphabet.

Regardless of the tm one may or may not have (there are many btw)..I seriously doubt I'll have a problem.
 
Nice Name, Can We See Some Stats?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom