• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed .net with 146,911 in Overture

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mohno

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2002
Messages
878
Reaction score
11
Crossword.net ... I like it, anyway :)
 
nice - I estimate the value between $250 and $750. Good short name. Easy to remember. The .net is a detractor from the value, but I don't think it hurts this name very much because it will appeal to intellectual types who won't shy away from visiting a .net tld.

You could make some money if you used it to set up an online bookstore selling books about crosswords, or if you set up a subscription service to access online crossword puzzels. You might also get some traffic with daily or weekly puzzels, and then focused advertising.
 
Actually, I sold it for $300 once.
I bought it back for much from _the buyer_.
Am I crazy ? Maybe :D

Anyway, it's more difficult to create good puzzle than solve it. ;)
 
Originally posted by mohno
Actually, I sold it for $300 once.
I bought it back for much from _the buyer_.
Am I crazy ? Maybe :D

Anyway, it's more difficult to create good puzzle than solve it. ;)

You sold it to and bought it from the same guy?
Did you find out anything new and so valuable to buy it back?
 
Yes, I did.
It's my first name sold.
I just tried to sell it although I didn't want to sell out it.
I could sell other domains later.
So, I bought it back because the buyer didn't use it.
I think I was lucky.
 
Originally posted by mohno
Yes, I did.
It's my first name sold.
I just tried to sell it although I didn't want to sell out it.
I could sell other domains later.
So, I bought it back because the buyer didn't use it.
I think I was lucky.

Great, do you have any names you want to sell me cheap and buy it back for higher prices from me? I promise you I will sell it back to you.
:D :D :D
 
Of cource, not.
I'd like be a buyer next :)
 
I like it. Im not sure if I'd buy it back after selling it, but still, I think its' worth more than you paid for it, by a good margin.
 
it's a great name mohno $2-5k
 
I think its a pretty good name actually, you could make a site selling crossword puzzle books or something, or just wait for someone else to buy it
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom