Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

netsol NetSol clearly trying to drive customers away (and with me, it's working)

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Network Solutions.
Status
Not open for further replies.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I get this email from Network Solutions:

"Great news! Your eligible services are being enrolled in SafeRenew™. Even better, as part of this SafeRenew™ program, you will be eligible for special discounted domain renewal pricing of $19.99!"

What that means is that they are suddenly converting all my domains to auto-renew ... and at $19.99 a pop. (Sounds like "great news" for them, not for me!)

Fortunately, their email contains a link I can use to opt out of SafeRenew, and I do so.

Today, I get another email from them, showing that I have one domain on auto-renew and that it will be auto-renewed 90 days before expiration(!) - for who-knows-how-much.

There's a link to "manage your Auto Renew option", and I click it and log in - and discover that to turn off auto-renew for this domain, I have to call Network Solutions.

Idiots!

That's a real one-two punch of customer disservice. I have only a handful of domains there (from auction wins), and you bet I'll be transferring them out immediately.

Domain summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make sure there is no credit card on file and transfer early.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Latest wonderful contact from NetSol: an email titled "Your Premium Domain Name is Now Available!"

I open the email and see that the "premium name" they want me to buy is a name I already have in my NetSol account.

The email also says: "Don't Wait! See what other Premium Names are available that match existing domains in your account today." Note to NetSol: If it exactly matches a domain in my account, that means I own it!

(P.S. Yes, I've already started the transfers to get my domains away from NetSol.)

Azam.net

Azam Marketing, Inc.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your experience.

Netsol keep spamming me with their tacky commercial email shots. The unsubscribe doesn't work and, despite emailing them several times, they won't remove me from the mailings.

Terrible customer support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators