Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Network of 70+ Geo Law Domains like DuPageCountyLaw.com making $$$ - MUST READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

nucite

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I acquired this amazing lot of geo law domains almost 2 years ago. I turned them from simple domains into a fully-functional lead generation network that also shows AdSense ads. And unfortunately, that's how it has stayed. I have met many of you from buying and selling domains out here and many of you reached out to me after I picked up dvds.com in Vegas a couple years ago. Those who know me know I don't take projects lightly and rarely let "the good ones" go. Well, a rare time has surfaced and it's best if I let this block go. Why? Because I just acquired a name that was bringing in $xx,xxx,xxx just a couple years ago. It has slipped the past couple years, but has an absolute ton of potential (not to mention I shelled out more $ for it than I care to mention). And that project is actually third in line to a couple larger (and more immediate) initiatives in my company. So, I'm cleaning house. I'm not overly concerned about what this lot of law domains goes for - I just want to let it go. I'm pretty damn sure it'll sell for less than it was acquired for. So here we go -

There are 70+ domains that all follow the same pattern: [cityname]law.com and they are all concentrated in the Chicagoland area. An example name would be libertyvillelaw.com or zionlaw.com. They all follow the same pattern. There are a few key points about this network worth noting:

1. It gets type-in traffic
  2. They are all part of a unique, lead generation network
  3. They are all poised for potential high $$$ acquisition by local firms

So I'm going to go on about the value of this lot (that any serious domain investor should find very interesting from a profit-potential standpoint), but I want to give you a quick link to a spreadsheet full of current information on all of the domains included. It contains the names, the cities represented, populations, household incomes, etc. My assistant just put this together and found most of the information within the city-data.com database:

Domains in lot: http://goo.gl/g1uL

Let me break a few things down for you...

Traffic & Earnings
Most of the traffic comes in via type-ins. There is very little unique content on the network, so search engines are not seeing the domains as much more than parked pages at the moment (but it's all programmed out for you to change that - more there in a bit). The sites are only monetized via AdSense at the moment, but they make more using just that method than they cost to renew via my Moniker account. HOWEVER, they sit pointed at a custom created lead generation environment and they do get legal leads. But those leads are not currently passed along to local law firms... they are not being passed along to anyone. Do you know how much lawyers pay for solid leads? It's pretty incredible. Think about a simple divorce case - a couple splits up hundreds of thousands of dollars and the lawyer takes a nice big fat percentage of that. What was that lead worth to him? Or how about an accident case? A lawyer can take up to 40% (or more) of what likely boils down to a 6 or 7 figure settlement. I'm not the type to put on my salesman hat and cold call (or email, or snail mail) local lawyers to sell these leads. Are you that type of person? In the network's current state it gets an average of about one lead per week. That may not sound like much until you sell that to an interested local lawyer. And if you take the time to build the network into a content-rich base of information, those lead numbers will grow substantially.

Potential End User Sales
If I'm an internet savvy lawyer in Libertyville, IL (a true hot-spot for law firms of all types by the way), I know there's huge value in owning LibertyvilleLaw.com for many reasons, but namely:

• It's easy for potential clients to remember
  • It's easier than any other name to build organic traffic to if I fill it with relevant local, legal information
  • It will get the highest click-through rates on my AdWords campaign than any other name I could use and will likely generate great conversion numbers.

So there is an absolute ton of potential in end user sales if you're the type of person to reach out to the firms in a particular area and let them know you own the best domain they could possibly purchase to increase their online exposure. What do you think you could sell one name for doing that? Now multiply that by 70. If you can put in the work, there's $$$ to be made going this route.

Details About The Programming
Let me just say that if you're not a developer (nor have one at your disposal), then you should make your valuation here based on the domains alone. There's an awesome system that lies under these domains, but I can't move it to your servers, nor can I support it for you. It's yours if you want it - completely as-is.

So go to any of the sites in the network. Go here: http://zionlaw.com. You'll see there are some lawyers listed as well as multiple areas of practice. Each area of practice holds a simple article about it and lists some local lawyers (specific to the domain) that specialize in that area. There are thousands of lawyers and their areas of practice in the database on the network - yours if you want it. Take a look around the site to see how things work.

All of the domains point to the same system. That system interprets the domain being rendered and custom tailors content to the user based on the city in question. The admin area even allows you to overwrite any of the areas of practice articles for custom content on individual domains. Cool stuff - the system alone may be worth the purchase price if you've got more domains like this.

The system is developed using the Symfony framework - a leading PHP framework that has received a ton of acclaim in the past few years. It makes further development a breeze.

So what do I want for everything?
I'm going to drop the price until it's either just too low to let go or until it sells. I'm going to start at an average of around $200 per domain and see where things go. Watch the area below for price drops (most likely daily):

BIN:
$14,000 ($200/domain) - $10,500 ($150/domain) - $8,400 ($120/domain) - $7,000 ($100/domain)
$5,250 ($75/domain)

The list of all the names you will receive is in the spreadsheet link above. However, I will also post the list in the thread below at my first posting opportunity.

• Payment via PayPal (I am 1,000+ verified)
  • Free Moniker push
  • Payment due within 24 hours unless arrangements are made
  • Post SOLD here to take the lot

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to shoot them over via PM or post them here.

Thanks, Jeff

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

nucite

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Price lowered

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

I had a request for earnings and traffic proof. When I pulled it out of AdSense, I realized that I was not 100% accurate in a couple of my statements above. My apologies on that - I wrote that up kind of late (fr me anyhow) last night from memory. I didn't alter the post (for those of you who already may have read it).

* I overstated AdSense earnings by around $100
* I said most of the traffic comes in via type-in - looks like it actually most via SERPs, but it does get good type-in as well.

AdSense (past year): http://www.chicagolandlaw.net/images/screens/adsense_cll.jpg
Analytics (by day, past month): http://www.chicagolandlaw.net/image...w.net_20100905-20101005_(DashboardReport).pdf
Analytics (by week, since installed): http://www.chicagolandlaw.net/image...w.net_20100701-20101005_(DashboardReport).pdf

For the geeks in the crowd that want to verify all the domains point to the same spot, you can replace the "chicagolandlaw.net" portion of any of the above URLs with any of the domains from the list.

nucite

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domain List the buyer will receive:

ALGONQUINLAW.COM
ALSIPLAW.COM
BARRINGTONHILLSLAW.COM
BEACHPARKLAW.COM
BELLWOODLAW.COM
BENSENVILLELAW.COM
BLOOMINGDALELAW.COM
BLUEISLANDLAW.COM
BRIDGEVIEWLAW.COM
BROOKFIELDLAW.COM
BUFFALOGROVELAW.COM
BURRRIDGELAW.COM
CALUMETCITYLAW.COM
CAROLSTREAMLAW.COM
CHICAGOHEIGHTSLAW.COM
CHICAGOLANDLAW.NET
COUNTRYCLUBHILLSLAW.COM
CRYSTALLAKELAW.COM
DARIENLAW.COM
DOLTONLAW.COM
DOWNERSGROVELAW.COM
DUPAGECOUNTYLAW.COM
EASTCHICAGOLAW.COM
ELKGROVEVILLAGELAW.COM
ELMHURSTLAW.COM
ELMWOODPARKLAW.COM
EVERGREENPARKLAW.COM
FORESTPARKLAW.COM
FOXLAKELAW.COM
FRANKLINPARKLAW.COM
GLENDALEHEIGHTSLAW.COM
GLENELLYNLAW.COM
HANOVERPARKLAW.COM
HICKORYHILLSLAW.COM
HIGHLANDPARKLAW.COM
HOFFMANESTATESLAW.COM
ISLANDLAKELAW.COM
LAKEVILLALAW.COM
LAKEZURICHLAW.COM
LEMONTLAW.COM
LIBERTYVILLELAW.COM
LINCOLNPARKLAW.COM
LINCOLNSHIRELAW.COM
LINDENHURSTLAW.COM
LISLELAW.COM
MARIONCOUNTYLAW.COM
MELROSEPARKLAW.COM
MERRILLVILLELAW.COM
MIDLOTHIANLAW.COM
MORTONGROVELAW.COM
NORTHBROOKLAW.COM
NORTHCHICAGOLAW.COM
OAKBROOKTERRACELAW.COM
OAKFORESTLAW.COM
PALOSHEIGHTSLAW.COM
PALOSHILLSLAW.COM
ROLLINGMEADOWSLAW.COM
ROSELLELAW.COM
ROUNDLAKELAW.COM
SCHERERVILLELAW.COM
STREAMWOODLAW.COM
TINLEYPARKLAW.COM
VERNONHILLSLAW.COM
VILLAPARKLAW.COM
WARRENVILLELAW.COM
WAUCONDALAW.COM
WESTCHICAGOLAW.COM
WILLOWBROOKLAW.COM
WILMETTELAW.COM
WINNETKALAW.COM
WOODDALELAW.COM
WOODRIDGELAW.COM
ZIONLAW.COM

nucite

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
See if you can register any domain like this in a city/town near you that has a population over 2,000 people. I'll bet it's already taken... and for good reason. The Chicagoland area is densely populated and some of the names in this lot are among the elite areas to live - not to mention they're jam-packed with people (and therefore lawyers).

Price lowered to less than $100 per domain - This is a steal for any serious, long-term domain investor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators