Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news New design unveiled

We are happy to present our new design and logo.

Features:
Colour wise we decided to go for a clean refreshing look based on white and blue hues.
Sub forums are now always displayed on the parent node itself.
The default font size has been decreased to allow for sub forums to be displayed under the parent node and to allow for a wider body.

Changing themes:
You can always change your current active theme in the bottom left side of the footer.

Bigger font and zooming:
The current font is small. It was this way 10 years ago but in the meantime something happened to our eyes.
If you need a bigger font or to be closer to the action please use your browsers zoom function (Shift + mousewheel or manually zoom in the address bar).

We hope you are happy with how it looks. Please post any issues or remarks here.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:eek:o_O:D...caught me off guard...

Domain summit 2024

Rivmedia

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Congrats

Love the logo, Really like the multi coloured logo styles at the moment.

Heads up, The sidebar toggle doesnt seem to be working on the forum home. Currently using Firefox, Windows 10.

Would it be possible for you to add "mark forums as read" to the Whats new tab aswell . Hate having to go back to the forum home just to mark all as read. :)

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest making the default font larger. Let anyone that wants to shrink it play with the zoom level, but the default should be to make it legible (which right now it isn't).

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also, light blue text is hard to read (e.g. the subject lines in the "Latest Posts" box on the right hand side of the home page, and elsewhere).

As for font size and colours, take a look at the homepage of Reddit.com, as an example of legible text. I'm not a regular Reddit reader, but it's the #6 site globally according to Alexa:

https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/reddit.com

so you'd think they would have carefully researched usability and colour schemes. Don't reinvent the wheel.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bigger font and zooming:
The current font is small. It was this way 10 years ago but in the meantime something happened to our eyes.
If you need a bigger font or to be closer to the action please use your browsers zoom function (Shift + mousewheel or manually zoom in the address bar).

or on chrome https://prnt.sc/ir1791

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest making the default font larger. Let anyone that wants to shrink it play with the zoom level, but the default should be to make it legible (which right now it isn't).

I agree with Geroge. It's a bit hard to read at the moment.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We hear you. For now if you could use the zoom function that will allow you to zoom the whole page including fonts.

The small font is to accommodate child nodes to be displayed on the main forums. As of yet we only have one, but that will change soon.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I ended up simply changing the theme back to XenBase (via the link at the bottom left of the page), and it's back to normal.

clasione

DNForum.com Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't like the logo image.
I like the text name of the brand and the slogan, but the image I feel should reflect something more of names or domains or TLDs or something.
Just my opinion.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am happy to tell you we made a number of changes to our forum skin to accommodate your feedback.

The default font has been increased to 13.
The grey text has been altered to black.
The light blue hue in headlines has been darkened.

Hope this helps.

PS.
@clasione the logo is supposed to signify something with domains, TLDs and something :)
The inner web figure represents the DNS, the outer coloured "continents" are the TLDs flowing on top of the DNS system. The arrow pointing out from the DNS is supposed to signify the connectivity of DNS to TLDs. I know decoding images can be a bit abstract but thats the gist of it.

danielak

Level 1
Reaction score
We are happy to present our new design and logo.

Features:

Colour wise we decided to go for a clean refreshing look based on white and blue hues.
Sub forums are now always displayed on the parent node itself.
The default font size has been decreased to allow for sub forums to be displayed under the parent node and to allow for a wider body.

Changing themes:
You can always change your current active theme in the bottom left side of the footer.

Bigger font and zooming:

We hope you are happy with how it looks. Please post any issues or remarks here.
Nice design! I also love the logo, great job!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators