• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

new (dot) pk registrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2005
Messages
1,556
Reaction score
19
Would computer.pk or software.pk be worth anything? Would it be possible to get type in traffic from them? I was curious because of english words mixing with ccTLD's doesn't seem like the best combo.
 
I have .pk which gets a few type ins each day and just registered .pk which has a few type ins in 2 days. I believe the national language (not the most common language) is English and the population is something like 170 million with a fast growing Internet population. I registered 15 single word generics. Who knows - time will tell.
Rob
 
I don't own any .pk, but it doesn't seem a stretch to invest in some generics and hold for the longer term as the country develops. Especially since english is used there.
 
I just registered a name too.... but how do I edit/manage my new .PK name ??? On the site it says "online management not available for .PK names".....so how do I set the nameservers ??/ What did you guys do ?? Thanks!
 
domainstrike,

I just set the name servers when I purchased my .pk domains. I would like to know the answer to your question as well.
 
I think you all are risking to lose those names registering .pk at $36

Nic PK rules state that for non residents a domain name has to be paid for $48 /2 years on their website which allow any change of settings.

From the PKNIC website:

PAYMENT: For domain registrant based in Pakistan, a domain fee of Rs 1000 (or alternate fee schedule of US $18 for credit card payment) per year will be charged for name.pk domains. For domain registrant or their registrar located outside Pakistan, a fee of $24 per domain per year is charged. The fee is charged on a biennial basis (two year period) and can be paid up to a maximum of ten years. Payment can be made online by credit card, or by sending a bank draft or cheques to PKNIC locations.


And to understand what kind of risk you are taking to save few bucks read this, which is from PAKNIC:

Disclaimer: Successful submission of the domain application does NOT indicate that the domain form submission is valid, until it is reviewed by the processing software and/or by human review. According to PKNIC policies, all .PK domain names will/could be reviewed by the registry within 30 days after registration and registry reserves the right to deny any domain name within 30 days period.

In substance whoever is regging them at $36 and does not reside in Pakistan is running the risk to have names deleted within a month.
If I was you, I was writing PKNIC, the registry in a rus asking what to do.
 
Ah yes I see. I understand now what you are saying. I think what the guy is doing...buying the domains from within PK and then reselling to others. That is how he may be getting around the fees. Just a thought. ??
 
the Registrant in this case will be still the last Registrant......I think people should read the disclaimer and the PK NIC policy.
I did, am I stupid ?
 
PakNic can send me a bill for the difference if this becomes an issue.

I am not too concerned.

Just my two cents.
 
yeah, i just bought 2 myself. I dont think it will be a concern either.
 
Good luck to you, I prefer to pay $48 and do not lose them
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom