Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

fabulous New Fabulous DnForum Account

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Fabulous.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabulous.com

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

As you may have heard, Mike Robertson (AKA Mike Fabulous) is leaving us at the end of this week. We’re sure he’ll do well wherever he ends up.

Mike has done a sterling job in representing Fabulous.com on DnForum and we will follow suit by participating here using this account.

To provide the best and fastest support we will make this a shared account, with a number of us posting under the Fabulous.com name. That said, let me introduce you to a few people you’re likely to see:

• Pete Stevenson our COO
• Cam Bell our Customer Care Manager
• Ben Stewart our Senior Account Manager
• Katherine Bell our Account Manager
• Andrew Wright – Sales and Marketing Manager

We look forward to working with you all, let us know if you have any questions or compliments ;)

Cheers

The Fabulous Team

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mike will be missed, I doubt anyone new, will come close to Mikes dedication and candidacy, however, everyone deserves a chance, so here is to an open mind :) Thanks for your willingness to come aboard.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

As you may have heard, Mike Robertson (AKA Mike Fabulous) is leaving us at the end of this week. We’re sure he’ll do well wherever he ends up.

Mike has done a sterling job in representing Fabulous.com on DnForum and we will follow suit by participating here using this account.

To provide the best and fastest support we will make this a shared account, with a number of us posting under the Fabulous.com name. That said, let me introduce you to a few people you’re likely to see:

• Pete Stevenson our COO
• Cam Bell our Customer Care Manager
• Ben Stewart our Senior Account Manager
• Katherine Bell our Account Manager
• Andrew Wright – Sales and Marketing Manager

We look forward to working with you all, let us know if you have any questions or compliments ;)

Cheers

The Fabulous Team

Thanks

So are you on that list above?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe that was posted by Andrew.

-=DCG=-

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mike Hope you stop in once and a while, best Company rep I have ever seen, where customer service is top priority
thanks mike

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Also would like to echo the thoughts above about Mike.

I think it's fair to say that we all hope the new management will be able to provide even a portion of the quality of customer support he gave to everyone here.

He will be a tough act to follow.

Fabulous.com

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it's fair to say that we all hope the new management will be able to provide even a portion of the quality of customer support he gave to everyone here.

Hi South,

I understand that there may be some concern that there's a bunch of new guys that have to play catch up to provide the support you have been used to. Happily that is not the case. The people listed in my original post are the support team behind Fabulous - these are the guys that have been providing day to day customer support for quite a few years now. Between us we have at least 30+ man years of experience with Fabulous.com.

We have no intention of letting our quality customer support reputation down :)

Cheers

Andrew

Last edited:

Fabulous.com

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would love to do more business with Fabulous but the problem is dealing with a lot of needed transfer auth codes is too annoying and a huge hassle. Any other way to do it?

Hey David,

Unfortunately, there's no easy way around the need to get Auth Info codes to transfer domains between Registrars.

Most competent Registrars (like Fabulous!) give you the ability to simply download a list of your domains with codes or alternatively, set the same code for all domains.

Let us know if we can be of any help.

Cheers,

-Cam

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried to get bulk auth codes last year but had trouble getting them from another registrar.

About 5 or so yrs ago a Wildwest acct exec had a programmer (I assume he was with Godaddy) write a free script (coded it easily and quickly) which used my login name & paswrd at the other registrars sites and automatically requested all 2,000 approx' auth codes, the script then submitted all the transfer requests, and approved them, all done automatically and perfectly with zero work or hassle for me. Can Fabulous possibly do that too?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Your response time for customer support has always been excellent.... This added layer of support on the Forum is much appreciated.

If I had one wish to improve on what you already have, it would be to tighten up the spacing on our Domain names, Relocating just one of those navigation buttons would do it.

Fabulous.com

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried to get bulk auth codes last year but had trouble getting them from another registrar.

About 5 or so yrs ago a Wildwest acct exec had a programmer (I assume he was with Godaddy) write a free script (coded it easily and quickly) which used my login name & paswrd at the other registrars sites and automatically requested all 2,000 approx' auth codes, the script then submitted all the transfer requests, and approved them, all done automatically and perfectly with zero work or hassle for me. Can Fabulous possibly do that too?

Hey David,

This type of script isn't something we can do, sorry we can't help out. You may consider transferring them over in blocks as they come up for renewal. If you want to do that, drop us a line and we'll make sure your account is set up with the right pricing tier.

Raider: Suggestion noted, I'll pass it along to the dev folk and see what we can do!

Thanks guys,

-Cam

Fabulous.com

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I had one wish to improve on what you already have, it would be to tighten up the spacing on our Domain names, Relocating just one of those navigation buttons would do it.

Hey Raider,

I had a chat to our dev guys and they liked the idea of making the "Manage" -> "Domains" page a bit more compact.

To that end, we've actually rolled out a live change today that abbreviates the domain status's and makes the option buttons reveal on-click.

Keep in mind this is a very quick roll-out so it's not perfect, but all thanks should go to Dev Brett!

-Cam

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey David, This type of script isn't something we can do, sorry we can't help out. You may consider transferring them over in blocks as they come up for renewal. If you want to do that, drop us a line and we'll make sure your account is set up with the right pricing tier.

Even in blocks still a huge hassle and very time intensive.

Unfortunate you don't offer that service. I am am sure a good programmer could do the script in short order. In fact, I recall the Wildwest programmer had it done the day after the acct exec proposed it.

Do you realize the immense value in having your programmer write this script, in that so many large portfolio owners could so easily transfer their portfolios to you? It's real surprising no one is offering the service publicly which I can verify by first-hand experience how easy it is.

p.s. In case you are wondering how Wildwest dealt with the many needed email transfer approvals, from what I recall they had me change the registrar acct email addresses to their address so when the emal arrived the system automatically approved it. I belive it's an easy script to code, so again, I am amazed Fabulous.com or others do not offer the service to attract portfolio transfers of any size and make the painful process easy and fast.

Last edited:

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words.

Just catching up on things now that I've finished up at Fab (and subsequently hung up the "Mike Fabulous" moniker) and would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support over the years. It was a pleasure working with and getting to know you all.

I do plan on staying in the domain industry, working on my own projects, so I'll still be around. Look forward to sharing that with you all soon. Hopefully we can work together in some capacity down the track. ;)

Cheers,

Mike

Last edited:

ninjadomain

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, Mike! :)

Thanks for all the kind workds.

Just catching up on things now that I've finished up at Fab (and subsequently hung up the "Mike Fabulous" moniker) and would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support over the years. It was a pleasure working with and getting to know you all.

I do plan on staying in the domain industry, working on my own projects, so I'll still be around. Look forward to sharing that with you all soon. Hopefully we can work together in some capacity down the track. ;)

Cheers,

Mike

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Fabulous is it possible to have traffic forwarded for expired names to namejet offer page for the domain to be backordered/auctioned?
thanks
Joe T

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators