Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

fabulous new fabulous policy big trouble ahead?

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Fabulous.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fabulous is not accepting anymore trademark infrangment so big big news for many poker domain owners.
Today they wrote me stating that my trademark infrangment will be taken down so big trouble ahead???
this could mean a big drop in poker domains value what do you think?
this is the email they just sent me:

Due to a recent policy change we are no longer accepting trademarks and possible trademark issues, so I am unable to set this domain up for you and we are unable to monetize it for you.
DomainSponsor and Sedo are better options for monetizing trademarks, they will more than likely be able to help you out with regards to this domain.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am very suprised that they mentioned SEDO and DomainSponsor by name. Also suprising that they are saying due to policy change. Its always been in the Terms & Conditions..

Who at Fabulous contacted you.. do you have a name?

This was all to be expected.. and at least they told you before hand.. Some others just delete it and tell you later.

FYI.. SEDO and DomainSponsor Have the same policy with regards to TradeMark infringement.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
FYI.. SEDO and DomainSponsor Have the same policy with regards to TradeMark infringement.

I don't, I'm a buyer, send me your poker names :)

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes , I got the same email when trying to move couple names into my portfolio there , I was even more disapointed when they would only park 1 name I sent them to general Roar category and 1 into Roar categorized Autos (and not the 4.0) , and these names as far as I can see are not TM names. So it appears the party is over , they only want generic high quality traffic to the 4.0 , they don't really want typos but will still point them to a general page , which is more or less saying thanks but no thanks.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
come on its really not suprising.. the industry big boys like google are putting the pressure on the likes of Fab and SEDO to stop with the TM infringement.. this is one of those things that marketing and legal departments decide to throw some money at when the economy slows down as it has been these past few months. . they have to blame something because there has to be a reason why people are not buying.. of course they dont believe its anything to do with the fact that it part of the course.. the economy slows down for about 5 months and then peaks just before the holiday season.. however with the threat of terror on everyones minds lately.. its an unsure world..

It will pass.. and they will move on to something else. TypoSquatting has had its day for now.. companies like DELL are putting the pressure and they think instead of sending out 500 C&D letters to the typo owners its easier and more cost effective to target the few Monetization sources and cut off the revenue stream.. from a business point of view it makes more sense.. companies like CJ.com and other Affiliate programs are taking the same stance.. soon it will be near impossible to monetize domains of this nature.. get yourself a good generic domain in relative industries to the typo.. monetize that site yourself good content and equally good relative advertisers... then just redirect all your questionable domains to the generic site.. if a C&D comes.. give up the domain and be happy in knowing that you had a good run..

What it all comes down to is that removing these questionable domains from the market place will only increase the revenue by advertisers.. as they will be more likely to invest in a more open, honest and level playing field. The glass is always half full.

This is just the end of a chapter, and the story will always continue in some form or another..

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they wont accept cartoon network names too. i got same email for few of my names..

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are we talking about the standard program or 4.0?

4.0 has never accepted TM names but I've not had a problem with the standard listings.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
4.0.. but if u ask them to set it up for u then even standard listings

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators