Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

New Format For NSI Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
By now I think everyone has figred out the way Verisign drops names that have expired within a 45 day window.

Although they drop as early as 26 days after expiration date, it Seems like most of them go on the 31st day after expiration.

The only only thing I have not figured out is what time of the day they drop these names.

I know that some go at anytime of the day but do they also release some of these names at the same time as the batch delete for the legacy names?

TIA..

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HLK, are you talking about the deletion of Network Solutions domain names, or of names being dropped by non-NSI registrars?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that thread goh, which discusses the typical 5/6-day NetSol deletion cycle.

I think HLK must be talking about non-NSI registrars deleting names within the 45-day grace period before they have to pay the $6 renewal fee.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i havent seen much drop at all let alone a new way. probably another NSI mistake

fizz, HLK only mentions "Verisign drops names" on the first sentence, and throughout the whole message "they" refers to "Verisign" who is mother company of NSI. Most NSI names drop from 30 days till unknown date of its expiration date.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no general rule of thumb for when NetSol names will drop. Their drops are very inconsistent. Some will drop within a month of expiration, and other months or even years after.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Netsol has a huge legacy of sloppy account keeping from the early days - lost, misadministered names are not uncommon.

Remember the days of the mind-numbing paper verifications just to change your details? Changing registrant details, in particular, was the ultimate root canal experience.

I am eyeing a .info domain secured during Sunrise with false tm that is now on OK status that is STILL lost in space today. Look at the Admin, Billing and Tech contacts.

Domain ID:
Domain Name: XXXXX.INFO
Created On: 30-Aug-2001 12:14:45 UTC
Last Updated On: 26-Mar-2002 02:10:56 UTC
Expiration Date: 30-Aug-2006 12:14:45 UTC
Trademark Name: XXXXX (fraud)
Trademark Date: 2000-10-01 (hmm.. what a coincidence)
Trademark Country: US
Trademark Number: 000107425 (BS!)
Sponsoring Registrar: Network Solutions, Inc. Registrar (R122-LRMS)
Registrant ID: x
Registrant Name: x
Registrant Organization: x
Registrant Street1: StreetAddress
Registrant City: City
Registrant State/Province: State
Registrant Postal Code:
Registrant Country: DE
Registrant Phone: +1.5555555555 (hahahaha)
Registrant FAX: +1.5555555555 (hahahha)
Registrant Email:
Admin ID: C52235-LRMS
Admin Name: Attn: info Registration Inquiries
Admin Organization: Verisign, Inc.
Admin Street1: 21355 Ridgetop Circle
Admin City: Dulles
Admin State/Province: VA
Admin Postal Code: 20166
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.18664183684
Admin Email: [email protected]
Billing ID: C52235-LRMS
Billing Name: Attn: info Registration Inquiries
Billing Organization: Verisign, Inc.
Billing Street1: 21355 Ridgetop Circle
Billing City: Dulles
Billing State/Province: VA
Billing Postal Code: 20166
Billing Country: US
Billing Phone: +1.18664183684
Billing Email: [email protected]
Tech ID: C52235-LRMS
Tech Name: Attn: info Registration Inquiries
Tech Organization: Verisign, Inc.
Tech Street1: 21355 Ridgetop Circle
Tech City: Dulles
Tech State/Province: VA
Tech Postal Code: 20166
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.18664183684
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: NS99.WORLDNIC.COM
Name Server: NS100.WORLDNIC.COM
Name Server: NS71.WORLDNIC.COM
Name Server: NS72.WORLDNIC.COM

One of my names were affected just like this (not the TM though) and it took me 3 months of phone calls to get it fixed. :mad:

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Netsol has a huge legacy of sloppy account keeping from the early days - lost, misadministered names are not uncommon.

Remember the days of the mind-numbing paper verifications just to change your details? Changing registrant details, in particular, was the ultimate root canal experience.

I am eyeing a .info domain secured during Sunrise with false tm that is now on OK status that is STILL lost in space today.

[snip]

One of my names were affected just like this (not the TM though) and it took me 3 months of phone calls to get it fixed. :mad:

I am also eyeing a .info which has obviously false TM information and was secured back in August 2001, which was the sunrise period IIRC.

I emailed Affilias to tell them this and they said that I would have to UDRP the domain because the time to challenge a .info TM claim had passed. The TM is obviously false to anyone - made up ficticious TM numbers and dates.

Do I really have to URDP it to challenge it or is there another way that I can get Affilias to jump on it for abuse of the Sunrise period and false claims over a TM?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Afilias promised to do the cleaning up of Sunrise regs i.e. challenge, themselves earlier on, thus the recent LL2.

They have apparently left out a whole bunch of names, perhaps they ran out of time? Or, they do not want to make public that the actual numbers of fraud/spoilt submissions for LL2 were way past 50%?

Best thing is to open this up to the public to help Afilias do the rest of the mopping. We could, say, pay $200-$300 to submit an application for Afilias to open the name for investigation. If found correct, the person who applied gets the name. If not, then it will just be an admin fee to Afilias.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very useful information, all. Thanks.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators