• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed New Here ~ Help with Domains

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbenitez

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi, I am a mom of three having daycare issues and trying to find a way to work at home. I am waiting for my business license to come in the mail and in the meantime I have discovered domains.
I have no idea what I am doing but I decided to buy domains anyway. I see so many domains on ebay and sedo listed for a nice chunk of change but finding one that will provide is hard.
I have read that one word domains are useful but hard to come by. I found stealers.us the other day and snagged that up but it is hardly getting any views on ebay. I also got these:
www.imilliondollars.com
www.crackediphones.com
www.unlockedblackberries.com
www.mymate.biz
www.dicktionary.biz (possible adult)
www.auctionsiteresellers.com
www.iblackjack.biz
Are any of these worth more than what I paid for them? I feel like I have lost my money! Any advice would be helpful. You can email me at [email protected]
I always get my work email but for some reason this site would not register my work email address and I had to get a hotmail.
Thank you,
Tiffany
 
Welcome to DNF!
For me the names are reg fee.
 
Welcome to the forum!

IMO these names are not be worth holding on to. It seems these domains have been regged recently. You may want to call Godaddy in order to get a refund. Also, trademarked domains are generally not worth registering.
 
Read and read more, before you buy names.
All the new people buy names that are to be dropped in the next year or so..

Try to focs on .com - .us is kind of 4th preferance
 
In the long run - it's better to spend $100-$250 (or more) on one or two quality names as opposed to registering names. The only times I hand register names are:

1) I am going to develop them
2) New technology, new developments, new laws, etc..
3) Domains that recently dropped (and then go back to #1)

As for TMs and company names - highly risky.
 
1) I am going to develop them
2) New technology, new developments, new laws, etc..
3) Domains that recently dropped (and then go back to #1)

Ultimate domaining :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom