• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale New offer for nnn domain on Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

msn

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
1,239
Reaction score
36
We have an offer through Sedo to sell a nnn.ca domain which we manage. The problem is that we have pulled all our domains from Sedo last month and no longer want to use their services.

Would you simply ignore the offer?
 
Yup, you'll have to decide if the offer outweighs your dislike of s e d o .
 
As long as your whois details are clear I'm sure the person who made the offer will find other ways to get in touch if he's serious.

Assuming the offerer has a clue.
 
We are most likely going to just let it sit there: if the buyer is motivated they will contact us directly.
 
No, do not ignore the offer.

The fact that Sedo has a minimum of $50 bucks now whether you park there or not is totally irrelevant.

Also, it is totally irrelevant from whom the offer comes from.


As for letting it sit there, did you ever wonder why some folks make offers via sedo (et al) rather than just contact you directly? It because some people are not too savvy with a whois factor if they are new to the mix. So tread lightly if considering this option.

However, I have had similar situations letting the offer sit there with subsequent increases of offers by the same buyer.
 
We have had sales through Sedo which took months to complete because of how they run things, and after looking at what they have been doing with parking, it was obvious to no longer want to do business any more with Sedo unless it was a very, very compelling situation.
 
If you pulled all your domains from sedo how did you get an offer on one? Do you mean you pulled your domains from Sedo parking?

If you want to sell the domain you shouldn't ignore an offer.
 
We have had sales through Sedo which took months to complete because of how they run things...
You've got a point there. Perhaps I hold the record of 94 days to receive payment from the date payment was made by the buyer.

It is kind of hard dealing with the lies and pathetic customer service.
 
NNN.ca's aren't worth much on the reseller market. For a random combination $100 is a pretty good price. If it's like 500.ca or 777.ca that's of course entirely different story, but if you got a random NNN.ca sell it! We had a bunch of random NNN.ca's and had to drop them after 2 years since there was no interest.
 
If you pulled all your domains from sedo how did you get an offer on one? Do you mean you pulled your domains from Sedo parking?

If you want to sell the domain you shouldn't ignore an offer.

Every single one - of course, since Sedo only checks the DNS once in a while, they still have the domain showing in their database.
 
If you pulled all your domains from sedo how did you get an offer on one? Do you mean you pulled your domains from Sedo parking?

If you want to sell the domain you shouldn't ignore an offer.

I've gotten offers before from domains that were never listed with sedo. Sedo brokers will sometimes contact on the buyers behalf.
 
Most likely they would not do that for a $2k or $3k offer.

Over three years at Sedo we have received at least 95 offers, of which we had just three go into a completed sales transaction, with only one of these being relatively error-free.
 
Sedo still does a lot of sales every week, I think if a domainer has domains to sell then its one of the better places to list.
 
If you have a decent domain, buyers will come to you. Sedo can be useful when category and keyword buyers come looking for a set of domains, but they usually do not bother to look at the .ca domains.

The rest of the business that Sedo can deliver is MarkMonitor offers based on their 'information sharing' between MarkMonitor and Sedo.
 
You've got a point there. Perhaps I hold the record of 94 days to receive payment from the date payment was made by the buyer.

It is kind of hard dealing with the lies and pathetic customer service.

Wow, I thought I was having a isolated incident, but I guess I can't complain. It's been 4 business days since they said they'd release the fund in 1 to 2 days.

This is my first Sedo sale and I"m not too impressed so far with the after sales service
 
Wow, I thought I was having a isolated incident, but I guess I can't complain. It's been 4 business days since they said they'd release the fund in 1 to 2 days.

This is my first Sedo sale and I"m not too impressed so far with the after sales service
94 days was the longest. Several have taken well over 30 days. All of these claims are all part of my saved history on Sedo's site.

One of the biggest factors is who is the agent. Some are about as useful as stink on sh*t.
 
We had an offer which was accepted and the buyer gave Sedo the payment in November, and after every-other-day pushing on Sedo and numerous telephone calls, we finally got it transferred and paid to our account in January. If we did not push and push and push we would likely still be waiting.

Of course, some people may want to know what has happened with the nnn.ca offer so far: we have just now been allowed to see a very important message from the potential buyer now that Sedo has revealed it - and the message is:

I am a serious buyer

It is really too bad that Sedo is not serious broker.
 
NNN.ca's aren't worth much on the reseller market. For a random combination $100 is a pretty good price. If it's like 500.ca or 777.ca that's of course entirely different story, but if you got a random NNN.ca sell it! We had a bunch of random NNN.ca's and had to drop them after 2 years since there was no interest.

This is definitely not a random domain. We have now done a counter-offer at 2.5x the offer price and then will end the negotiation if they do not accept. That has to be the price for them using Sedo instead of contacting our own people, especially since Sedo will want hundreds of dollars for their percentage.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom