Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld New offer for nnn domain on Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have an offer through Sedo to sell a nnn.ca domain which we manage. The problem is that we have pulled all our domains from Sedo last month and no longer want to use their services.

Would you simply ignore the offer?

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are most likely going to just let it sit there: if the buyer is motivated they will contact us directly.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, do not ignore the offer.

The fact that Sedo has a minimum of $50 bucks now whether you park there or not is totally irrelevant.

Also, it is totally irrelevant from whom the offer comes from.

As for letting it sit there, did you ever wonder why some folks make offers via sedo (et al) rather than just contact you directly? It because some people are not too savvy with a whois factor if they are new to the mix. So tread lightly if considering this option.

However, I have had similar situations letting the offer sit there with subsequent increases of offers by the same buyer.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have had sales through Sedo which took months to complete because of how they run things, and after looking at what they have been doing with parking, it was obvious to no longer want to do business any more with Sedo unless it was a very, very compelling situation.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you pulled all your domains from sedo how did you get an offer on one? Do you mean you pulled your domains from Sedo parking?

If you want to sell the domain you shouldn't ignore an offer.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We have had sales through Sedo which took months to complete because of how they run things...
You've got a point there. Perhaps I hold the record of 94 days to receive payment from the date payment was made by the buyer.

It is kind of hard dealing with the lies and pathetic customer service.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NNN.ca's aren't worth much on the reseller market. For a random combination $100 is a pretty good price. If it's like 500.ca or 777.ca that's of course entirely different story, but if you got a random NNN.ca sell it! We had a bunch of random NNN.ca's and had to drop them after 2 years since there was no interest.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you pulled all your domains from sedo how did you get an offer on one? Do you mean you pulled your domains from Sedo parking?

Every single one - of course, since Sedo only checks the DNS once in a while, they still have the domain showing in their database.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I've gotten offers before from domains that were never listed with sedo. Sedo brokers will sometimes contact on the buyers behalf.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most likely they would not do that for a $2k or $3k offer.

Over three years at Sedo we have received at least 95 offers, of which we had just three go into a completed sales transaction, with only one of these being relatively error-free.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have a decent domain, buyers will come to you. Sedo can be useful when category and keyword buyers come looking for a set of domains, but they usually do not bother to look at the .ca domains.

The rest of the business that Sedo can deliver is MarkMonitor offers based on their 'information sharing' between MarkMonitor and Sedo.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You've got a point there. Perhaps I hold the record of 94 days to receive payment from the date payment was made by the buyer.

It is kind of hard dealing with the lies and pathetic customer service.

Wow, I thought I was having a isolated incident, but I guess I can't complain. It's been 4 business days since they said they'd release the fund in 1 to 2 days.

This is my first Sedo sale and I"m not too impressed so far with the after sales service

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, I thought I was having a isolated incident, but I guess I can't complain. It's been 4 business days since they said they'd release the fund in 1 to 2 days.

This is my first Sedo sale and I"m not too impressed so far with the after sales service
94 days was the longest. Several have taken well over 30 days. All of these claims are all part of my saved history on Sedo's site.

One of the biggest factors is who is the agent. Some are about as useful as stink on sh*t.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We had an offer which was accepted and the buyer gave Sedo the payment in November, and after every-other-day pushing on Sedo and numerous telephone calls, we finally got it transferred and paid to our account in January. If we did not push and push and push we would likely still be waiting.

Of course, some people may want to know what has happened with the nnn.ca offer so far: we have just now been allowed to see a very important message from the potential buyer now that Sedo has revealed it - and the message is:

I am a serious buyer

It is really too bad that Sedo is not serious broker.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NNN.ca's aren't worth much on the reseller market. For a random combination $100 is a pretty good price. If it's like 500.ca or 777.ca that's of course entirely different story, but if you got a random NNN.ca sell it! We had a bunch of random NNN.ca's and had to drop them after 2 years since there was no interest.

This is definitely not a random domain. We have now done a counter-offer at 2.5x the offer price and then will end the negotiation if they do not accept. That has to be the price for them using Sedo instead of contacting our own people, especially since Sedo will want hundreds of dollars for their percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom