Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New player from Russia!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems like we have another player now that is able to grab a lot of names and beat known services like Snap Name and Name Winner to them. The company is called Eurobox Ltd. and they are from St. Petersburg, Russia. They were able to beat a lot of competition for names like TVBox.com and RugbyWorld.com that dropped a few days ago. Anyone know of them?

Domain Summit 2024

wohl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kvinsencius
It seems like we have another player now that is able to grab a lot of names and beat known services like Snap Name and Name Winner to them. The company is called Eurobox Ltd. and they are from St. Petersburg, Russia. They were able to beat a lot of competition for names like TVBox.com and RugbyWorld.com that dropped a few days ago. Anyone know of them?

They've been around for ages, used to use network solutions to register hundreds of names the day after they dropped. They'd hold them to see if anyone (especially the previous owner) would inquire, but wouldn't pay under the old invoice system and after 60 days or whatever the domains would be deleted again.
But once people like domaindeluxe arrived there were slim pickings left over by the next day, and eventually they worked out that a new strategy was required.

Ah brings back some memories of the days when you really could get very solid domains hours after a drop had taken place. Was amazing to me what others were missing. I remember a drop on 2001-02-14 when I registered a couple $k worth of domains hours after a drop even though I had to go through the list at a painfully slow 50 domains per page on deleteddomains.com because I knew of nothing else and only searched on a small number of keywords.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by wohl

They've been around for ages, used to use network solutions to register hundreds of names the day after they dropped. They'd hold them to see if anyone (especially the previous owner) would inquire, but wouldn't pay under the old invoice system and after 60 days or whatever the domains would be deleted again.
But once people like domaindeluxe arrived there were slim pickings left over by the next day, and eventually they worked out that a new strategy was required.

Ah brings back some memories of the days when you really could get very solid domains hours after a drop had taken place. Was amazing to me what others were missing. I remember a drop on 2001-02-14 when I registered a couple $k worth of domains hours after a drop even though I had to go through the list at a painfully slow 50 domains per page on deleteddomains.com because I knew of nothing else and only searched on a small number of keywords.

Thanks for the input wohl. I have never heard of them. That is why I asked. It seems like they were not that "new" after all :) Yes, early days were good. I started too late, and were only get myself a handful of names catching the drops myself. Time moves fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom