• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Newbie needs appraisal

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arpitgosai

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2007
Messages
594
Reaction score
0
Hello guys,

I am a newbie to the forum and newbie to domain games also.

I need appraisal of the domain blue.cd

"Blue" is a generic name, Google returns 592,000,000 results for "blue". And Overture value is 109358 for last month.

Blue CD can be used for new blue ray technology disc and also for adult sites because "blue cd" sounds like xxx films cd.

I want to sell the domain, what best price can I get for blue.cd ?
 
no reseller value.. .cd is not an established tld, and its blu ray NOT blue ray..
 
I know its blu ray but most of people consider it as a blue ray CD. If you search in google for "blue ray" then also its returning resuts of blu-ray disc.
 
Thanks, any more comments about blue.cd ?
 
Blue.CD has been certified as a premium domain by premiumdomain.com
 
Blue.CD has been certified as a premium domain by premiumdomain.com
Means nothing.
IMO not worth much more than reg fee (that is still $50).
Develop if you have an idea in mind.
 
I am sorry guys but your appraisals are wrong. I have appraisal certificate of blue.cd from SEDO now. I gave the domain blue.cd for premium domain appraisal at SEDO(costs $49) and now I have got the full 8 page PDF file of its appraisal.

All I can say is that the appraisal value is around mid $XXXX.

http://img221.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blueqb6.jpg

And its only because of the word "blue" and its value. Combination of "blue" and "CD" makes some sense and so its value is high. And as we all know the name blue.com was sold for $500,000 on SEDO on 03-28-2006.
 
well..the "certefied appraisals" you are getting are wrong my friend.
It does not matter what Sedo says, they are interested in you selling it for a lot of money. If you are getting an appraisal, they are thinking you have somebody interested and the more you sell it for the more they get.
Dont ask here if you dont like what people say. It a bad tld. Its not more than what you paid for the appraisal.
 
If you have that kind of SEDO appraisal, just let them put it into the auction with a reserve of about 50 - 70% of appraisal value.

May be worth a try!!!
(But I don't think so really)
 
Now it's obvious you are new to domains.
We all know that the appraisals from sedo, godaddy, premium domain et al are worthless and totally out of line most of the time.
The problem is that .cd is not a mainsteam TLD and there are very few sales. I am only aware of travel.cd for around $2000.
There are more than 200 country TLDs, most of them are not very popular or sometimes not even used in their countries of origin.
Also the appraisals attempt to determine what a motivated end user may be willing to pay. It does not mean you will easily sell at that price or that the price is fair by current market conditions. It's not an ugly domain but good luck finding a buyer for mid-$$$$.
 
Its true that blue has a good value. But its the tld that matters. Many mainstream domains with a less popular tld are under rated.
 
But why there is so much difference in these two appraisals ?

Many of the dnforum members said that its worth regfee and SEDO said its around mid xxxx. I know it all depends upon the tld and market. If travel.cd gone for $2000, hotels.cd gone for 750 EURO, cash.cc for $6500 then there must be some value of generic words.

And thats why I am sure that blue.cd is not worth reg fee. I would like to hear what other members say.
 
reg. fee to $50...unless you get very, very lucky....better to purchase a lottery ticket imo
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom