Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Newbie Q: Do people actually buy domains on DNForum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Do people buy and sell domains here? Of course. Will your domains sell? That's related to certain parameters, such as quality and price. Exclusive membership has several perks. In theory, you can list 10 domains per day or more, although Biggie might disagree with me :D

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I (and others) used to sell many many domains on this forum at reseller prices. Those numbers went way down a few years ago, and they never came back up.

When I used to post a "Mega-Sale" with about 100 domains, I would often sell 20 or more. Now, even with similar quality and pricing, it's more like 2 or 3.

ravdn

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good generic domains sell fast but ofcourse patience needed.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There was a thread one one of the domain forums a few years ago (less than 5) where someone asked if anybody had ever LOST money on a domain name. People jumped in and said: 'don't be silly', as if to say that domain name values only go up (that is called a market top, my friends). Well, asset prices can change pretty fast. The downfall was allowing scammers to run wild on all forums.

The other thing that brought about the collapse was that new domain investors were victimized by old pros just to make a buck. The old guard would sell them .mobi, .co, and anything else they could dream up. They were lots of fake sales published for 6 figure amounts for names in extensions that were worthless. I am talking names that are worth as close to zero being publicized as having sold for 100K plus. This would bring in all of the money grubbers on both sides as they traded crap names worth zero in scam extensions back and forth until everyone was broke.

I told almost everybody that 99 percent of domain names are worth zero. Nobody listened. I turned out to be right, as I expected. The party is OVER, but there are decent names out there to be had. Most sellers are still in Fantasyland about their asking prices. They will tell you that they had an offer for 5K on the name during the peak, so they can't sell it below that. I just laugh. That name that they were offered 5K for might not be able to draw a $100 bid here. The highest bid you ever had years ago does not set the bar for the what it is worth....lol.

There are people right now with hundreds, or even thousands of names, that they believe are worth hundreds of thousands, or even millions of dollars. They don't know how bad they have it. If they tried to sell those names in an open market setting many of these people would get less than 5 percent of what they expect (they would be lucky to get even close to 5 percent of what they think the names are worth).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom